what kind of baffles in a SRT 44mag

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jarrodl

what kind of baffles in a SRT 44mag

Post by jarrodl »

Does anyone know what kind of baffles are in a SRT 44mag intergral?and/or how its made. Maybe a drawing or rough sketch? Thanks
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
jarrodl

Post by jarrodl »

Thant looks pretty cool. I assume that is how he does his baffles. Doesn't the SRT also use some reflex design with ported barrel and a chamber behind the muzzle?
jarrodl

Post by jarrodl »

OK so noone is sure about SRT how about the Johns Guns integral 44? It comes apart for cleaning so surely someone has seen the baffles and the configuration.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

I am pretty sure that if you send them your host gun and some money either company will build you one, then you will know exactly what it's like.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
jarrodl

Post by jarrodl »

I am pretty sure that if you send them your host gun and some money either company will build you one, then you will know exactly what it's like.
Hey, I never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. :roll:
I'm pretty sure If I could afford to do that I wouldn't need to form 1 one.

Anyway, I know with all the experience and knowledge on this board, someone on here knows the answer. And, I am sure someone is willing to share that info to help a noobie out.
Ron of Va
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ron of Va »

I am fairly sure that John's Guns 77/44 is built with a similar design as all his integrals. That is it has an end cap that uses a spanner wrench. Once the end cap is removed, the baffles come out, that exposes a barrel nut down inside the tube. Unscrew the barrel nut (using the same spanner tool) and the outer tube slides forward and off the barrel exposing the expansion chamber.