Finally! Cut first baffles

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

257speed
Silent Operator

Finally! Cut first baffles

Post by 257speed »

Got a present in the mail today, my form 1 signed off and ready to go. Does it strike anyone else as odd that ATF doesn't include anything with your form 1 about the requirements/laws once you have a can, such as keeping a copy with the can etc.???

Update, got some metal cut. (304 stainless with ti spacers)
Here we go so far.

Left is first step, cut step for spacer and then the 60deg cone inside as well as the bore hole.
Center piece mounted in fixture (for lathe) which allows turning the steps and finishing.
right Finished and bead blasted baffle
Last edited by 257speed on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Uh...it would be the responsibility of the possesser to understand such things.

Seriously.

While I'm sure it's not the case with you, some are comfortable, even rely on, the principle of the nanny state.

Please don't do anything stupid with your new toy and then claim the "gummit" didn't send any use/storage directions with the suppressor.................
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
257speed
Silent Operator

Post by 257speed »

No worries there. I definitely agree it is our responsibilty as a tax stamp holder. Just seems like setting people up by not making it more clear. Everyone can agree ATF laws can be a bit vague sometimes. But I also agree I don't need or want any more "gummit" oversight :)
Neil
Silent Operator

Post by Neil »

Trust or individual, and when did you mail it? I mailed my trust F1 on April 20, and I'm starting to get a little antsy.
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

Neil wrote:Trust or individual, and when did you mail it? I mailed my trust F1 on April 20, and I'm starting to get a little antsy.
Don't stand up yet. You still have awhile on that wait. Go here to read current times:
viewtopic.php?t=8758&start=1050
Bear in mind that times very by examiner and can be shorter or longer(read much longer never shorter).
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Individual, Form 1, Pending May 13, July 14....awaiting fingerprints back from the FBI.

"They've" got so many forms with my fingerprints on them, my fingerprints are wearing out from being fingerprinted...........Jeeeesh.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
257speed
Silent Operator

Post by 257speed »

This was an individual form 1. I sent it in Feb 24th.
T Bloxham

Post by T Bloxham »

what suprized me is that they send it regular mail I thought or hoped it would need a signature
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

I've wondered why they won't let you do electronic fingerprinting.
257speed
Silent Operator

Post by 257speed »

the fingerprinting is the dumbest part. Your first form they enter you into the database. Why repeat that many times over?
kelso

Post by kelso »

Lucky you, I sent mine in Jan. still no reply. I eas told by another individual that they ware swamped with requests.
rotortuner
Silent Operator

Post by rotortuner »

I just got my two Form 1's back a few days ago 7/24 to be exact. I sent those in on 5/4, thats less than 3 months. I guess the ATF likes me !!!
These were on a trust, i sent them two copies of everything, including the trust, and i always use a money order.

CJG
digitspaw
Silent Operator

Post by digitspaw »

257speed wrote:the fingerprinting is the dumbest part. Your first form they enter you into the database. Why repeat that many times over?

To insure that it's still really you?

I have a perfect body. It's in the trunk and starting to stink.

NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR