Supressor Baffle Pics!

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

User avatar
Bandit
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bandit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Yes I was sorta joking and I expected a little different answer. You did mention partially what I wanted to hear.
A solid core but the rear cap can still be removed. Liberty makes monocores with removable caps not sure on the rifle cans tho.
If you're not part of the solution, you're not only "part" of the problem but, you "are" the problem.

iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by iron.maiden » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:20 pm

htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest . i 'v seen a photo and i think they are making rifle cans serviceable , and it looks a little different from bendersquint eureka , no dead coaxial space on this photo , they changed the design here the pic
Image

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:34 pm

iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest . i 'v seen a photo and i think they are making rifle cans serviceable , and it looks a little different from bendersquint eureka , no dead coaxial space on this photo , they changed the design here the pic
Image
Didn't change the design at all, its a different model. Mine is the Eureka 3, this is an ARIS 4. Note the longer initial baffle and the extra baffle(thats smaller than the Eureka second baffle).

-B

User avatar
Bandit
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bandit » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 am

What makes this can stronger than any other threaded can ?
iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest .
Image
If you're not part of the solution, you're not only "part" of the problem but, you "are" the problem.

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Bandit wrote:What makes this can stronger than any other threaded can ?
iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest .
Image
The length of the threads is longer than the only other factory made user serviceable rifle can, the Tac16. That is the only thing I can think of on how he is saying it can be stronger, now comparing it to a welded can is well it shouldn't be . As you mentioned I too think that statement is very vague without qualifiers.

-B

User avatar
Bandit
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bandit » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Bendersquint wrote: The length of the threads is longer than the only other factory made user serviceable rifle can, the Tac16. That is the only thing I can think of on how he is saying it can be stronger, now comparing it to a welded can is well it shouldn't be . As you mentioned I too think that statement is very vague without qualifiers.-B
The TAC-16 looks to be about 3/8" long threads. My question is how long are they on the HTG and how long should they be. 1/2" or maybe 5/8" long ? Inquiring minds want to know.
If you're not part of the solution, you're not only "part" of the problem but, you "are" the problem.

User avatar
doctor
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by doctor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:37 pm

iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest . i 'v seen a photo and i think they are making rifle cans serviceable , and it looks a little different from bendersquint eureka , no dead coaxial space on this photo , they changed the design here the pic
Image
Would you be so kind as to give us more information about initial baffle?

Mageever
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Mageever » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 pm

My Form 1 stuff...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by iron.maiden » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:54 pm

doctor wrote:
iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest . i 'v seen a photo and i think they are making rifle cans serviceable , and it looks a little different from bendersquint eureka , no dead coaxial space on this photo , they changed the design here the pic
Image
Would you be so kind as to give us more information about initial baffle?
i would with pleasure , but that pic is not mine , i found that in another forum .

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm

doctor wrote:
iron.maiden wrote:htg cans are not welded and are very strong if not the strongest . i 'v seen a photo and i think they are making rifle cans serviceable , and it looks a little different from bendersquint eureka , no dead coaxial space on this photo , they changed the design here the pic
Image
Would you be so kind as to give us more information about initial baffle?

There are more pictures of the Eureka baffle on the first couple pages of this thread. If you have specifics you are looking for let me know and I will fill you in.

-B

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Bandit wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: The length of the threads is longer than the only other factory made user serviceable rifle can, the Tac16. That is the only thing I can think of on how he is saying it can be stronger, now comparing it to a welded can is well it shouldn't be . As you mentioned I too think that statement is very vague without qualifiers.-B
The TAC-16 looks to be about 3/8" long threads. My question is how long are they on the HTG and how long should they be. 1/2" or maybe 5/8" long ? Inquiring minds want to know.
Eureka threading is approx .425" length. Can't answer "how long they should be" since there is no standard, it all varies by the design. My papers show that the TAC16 is .4" long threading.

The difference in the TAC and Eureka threading still doesn't qualify that the Eureka is stronger than a TAC16. Still waiting for clarification from Iron.Maiden

-B

User avatar
Bandit
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bandit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 am

Bendersquint wrote:Eureka threading is approx .425" length. Can't answer "how long they should be" since there is no standard, it all varies by the design. My papers show that the TAC16 is .4" long threading.

The difference in the TAC and Eureka threading still doesn't qualify that the Eureka is stronger than a TAC16. Still waiting for clarification from Iron.Maiden-B
Darn I missed by a whole .025 I wonder if .500" long threads would be over kill. I need to study about that more.

Calling Iron Maiden, calling Iron Maiden :P
If you're not part of the solution, you're not only "part" of the problem but, you "are" the problem.

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 am

Bandit wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Eureka threading is approx .425" length. Can't answer "how long they should be" since there is no standard, it all varies by the design. My papers show that the TAC16 is .4" long threading.

The difference in the TAC and Eureka threading still doesn't qualify that the Eureka is stronger than a TAC16. Still waiting for clarification from Iron.Maiden-B
Darn I missed by a whole .025 I wonder if .500" long threads would be over kill. I need to study about that more.

Calling Iron Maiden, calling Iron Maiden :P
Yes for a 1.5" OD can .500 is overkill.

The .425 thread length is plenty strong enough for a 556 can.

Why the desire for overkill?

-B

iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by iron.maiden » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 am

shouldn't be alpine this one ?
Image

iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by iron.maiden » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 am

maybe early awc 22lr monocore can
Image

iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by iron.maiden » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:28 am

no one 30 cal baffles or internals ?

User avatar
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: miami, florida

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by delta9mda » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm

iron.maiden wrote:shouldn't be alpine this one ?
Image
so gem-tech is making them for another vendor? that is deff. an alpine.
NP

Mageever
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Mageever » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:36 pm

delta9mda wrote:
so gem-tech is making them for another vendor? that is deff. an alpine.
I think so. Subguns says it's "manufactured by a leading suppressor company to Subgun Ordnance specs". I wonder what their specs are that allows it to drop $90 in price. :shock:

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 am

Mageever wrote:
delta9mda wrote:
so gem-tech is making them for another vendor? that is deff. an alpine.
I think so. Subguns says it's "manufactured by a leading suppressor company to Subgun Ordnance specs". I wonder what their specs are that allows it to drop $90 in price. :shock:
Gemtech wouldn't be able to tell him how much to sell it for since its not technically a Gemtech product now, they are merely the subcontractor that provided it to him for $$$XXX with his name on it....if he chooses to not make much money on it its his bad business decision.

-B

Mageever
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Mageever » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
Mageever wrote:
delta9mda wrote:
so gem-tech is making them for another vendor? that is deff. an alpine.
I think so. Subguns says it's "manufactured by a leading suppressor company to Subgun Ordnance specs". I wonder what their specs are that allows it to drop $90 in price. :shock:
Gemtech wouldn't be able to tell him how much to sell it for since its not technically a Gemtech product now, they are merely the subcontractor that provided it to him for $$$XXX with his name on it....if he chooses to not make much money on it its his bad business decision.

-B
Yeah, you're right. I was joking more than anything because it's such a self-inflating statement. I bet the Ti thread insert is gone and there's no ball endmilling work done on it so I'm sure it's cheaper for them anyway. On top of that, they're trying to enter the market and will have keep their margin down.

Fulmen
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Fulmen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 pm

What's up with all those image quotes? IT'S ALREADY BEEN POSTED, WEE DON'T NEED TO SEE THE PICS 10 MORE F*CKING TIMES.

Schlafftablett
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:40 pm
Location: Florida by way of PA
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Schlafftablett » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:27 am

Damn home skillet, I agree but relax! That’s why God invented the scrolling mouse. :wink:

gaston30.06
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by gaston30.06 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:03 am

hello how are you? which model works best for supersonic ammunition from 30.06 to thank you very much and best regards

Gaston

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Bendersquint » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 pm

gaston30.06 wrote:hello how are you? which model works best for supersonic ammunition from 30.06 to thank you very much and best regards

Gaston
Gaston,
There are a handful of decent 30 cal cans that would fit your bill, please elaborate on what you are looking for..... thread on or QD, size requirements, weight requirements, are you needing one from a specific company etc....?

Would get more exposure if you started a thread instead of posting this in the Picture thread.

-B

User avatar
Baffled
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:20 pm

Re: Supressor Baffle Pics!

Post by Baffled » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Mageever wrote:My Form 1 stuff...

Image
Overall exquisite craftsmanship. One of the best home-made cans ever. Very nice job!
:!: :!:

Post Reply