Form 1 problems

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

flip
Elite Member

Form 1 problems

Post by flip »

So I sent in my F1 for my 50 can same as the F1 22 can and the F1 SBR. The 50 F1 came back today with errors: Incomplete firearm description: see item number 4a. The second was that I listed the s/n of the can on my schedule A of my 50 can.

" The firearm listed on this Form 1, s/n XXXXXX cannot be listed on Schedule A prior to approval of the Form 1. Please remit a revised Schedule A omitting this item. Also, please complete block #4(a) on both applications and return."

Ok, so my other F1 22 can went through without 4a filled out, my understanding of this line is that if you intend to make a class 3 item out of another previously registered firearm you had to list that mfgr. there, if not the person or entity in 3a was the manufacturer. All 3 of my other C3 items s/n's were listed on schedule A when they were sent in, so why the change or does my examiner (Dana Pickles) not know what is going on. Not that this is a big deal to change these items but the 4a thing kinda throws me. Diomed?????

ETA: This is on a trust
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 problems

Post by Diomed »

flip wrote:All 3 of my other C3 items s/n's were listed on schedule A when they were sent in, so why the change or does my examiner (Dana Pickles) not know what is going on. Not that this is a big deal to change these items but the 4a thing kinda throws me. Diomed?????
Never list a Form 1 silencer on a trust property schedule before you make it. By doing so, you're saying it exists. Bad idea. Silencer =/= rifle or shotgun.

Dana Pickles is the newb examiner, and I know literally nothing about him/her, but s/he's right about this one.

The 4a I don't know. If I were to guess s/he wants your name and info on there for the silencers.
flip
Elite Member

Post by flip »

The pisser is that there is no standard there for some of these things, I mean if she/he is a noob why the hell wouldn't they ask someone else? So when I sumbit another F1 do I have to worry about not having the s/n on the schedule A if another examiner wants to see it? Will there be problems if I list my trust on the 4a. I can see 4a being interpreted at the item is already made by someone and now I'm trying to reregister/remake it, does not make much sense to me. I think I'm going to try and request someone else next time :x
flip
Elite Member

Post by flip »

Just got a VM from ATF, if you are using a trust you are not allowed to have the s/n on schedule A before it is approved. Likewise you must fill out 4a with your trust name yadda yadda. From the horses mouth "they are scrutinizing trusts now". I changed my form and schedule A and threw it in the mail.