Need help with a RUGER 77/44 bolt handle

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Handloader

Need help with a RUGER 77/44 bolt handle

Post by Handloader »

Has anyone bent down the Bolt handle on a Ruger 77/44 (with heat)? I have a US Optics SN4 that I am trying to mount to the receiver, but the bolt knob hits the bell housing. If I go up in height with rings, then there is not point of using the low based optic. I am looking into knob modifications, but would really like an aftermarket bolt handle. Any Suggestions?????
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need help with a RUGER 77/44 bolt handle

Post by smcharchan »

Try Hooper Ordinance aka "Hoop" here on ST.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20267
Shift1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shift1 »

Is there a Gunsmith in the area? From file photos there does not seem to be a whole lot of room to mess with. How far does it need to go?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
"LP"
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

smcharchan wrote:Try Hooper Ordinance aka "Hoop" here on ST.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20267
I responded on Snipershide to his question. The Ruger's knob is offset from the centerline of the handle. They can be machined for a tactical knob to center things up. The handles are an investment casting and are hard as hell. Most have hollow voids.

I do them.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com
Handloader

Post by Handloader »

Looks like Hoop got the job...Thanks for the follow-up phone call and bolt will go in the mail today!
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

Handloader wrote:Looks like Hoop got the job...Thanks for the follow-up phone call and bolt will go in the mail today!
I mailed it back to you today. I took out the end crook and made the knob follow the handle angle. It should clear the scope now.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com