Integral Form 1 question

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Integral Form 1 question

Post by bigbigpig »

If I'm doing a form 1 integral do I have to use the host guns serial number?
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Re: Integral Form 1 question

Post by Bowen1911 »

no. the silencer has to be engraved, not the gun it will be on. They will accept any serial number that has at least one numerical character.
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bowen1911 wrote:no. the silencer has to be engraved, not the gun it will be on. They will accept any serial number that has at least one numerical character.
He said INTEGRAL.....

As long as it is permanently attached to the host gun you can use the serial number of the host gun. Just can't be removable if the tube isn't engraved. What i would suggest is engrave the host gun serial on the tube itself that way you can take it off to clean.

Nothing out there saying you can't use the host serial for an integral. Just have the engraving done on the underside of the tube so its less visible.

-B
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

I’m looking at doing an integral myself.

Do you put the tube length as the suppressor length or the length of the barrel since the barrel is the suppressor?

What I’m considering using is a 16.5” barrel with the tube coming back over the barrel 11”
The barrel will have slant baffles cut into it
The total length will still be 16.5
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JimmyB wrote:I’m looking at doing an integral myself.

Do you put the tube length as the suppressor length or the length of the barrel since the barrel is the suppressor?

What I’m considering using is a 16.5” barrel with the tube coming back over the barrel 11”
The barrel will have slant baffles cut into it
The total length will still be 16.5
My understanding is that if the tube is removable that it is the length of the suppressor, in your case it will be 11"

-B
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

I have decided if i ever decide to make an integral, to be safe and put the barrel length for the overall length, because if it is a removable barrel, there is no way they could pin me for having something longer than what i marked down
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

The removable barrel is the sticky part

The host will be a Ruger 10/22. The barrel can easily be removed and installed on any receiver
This would make the whole thing(barrel and tube) a suppressor
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JimmyB wrote:The removable barrel is the sticky part

The host will be a Ruger 10/22. The barrel can easily be removed and installed on any receiver
This would make the whole thing(barrel and tube) a suppressor
For your case where its a 10/22, you can use the serial number from the host rifle no problem as it most likely doesn't exist in the NFA database. Just make sure you engrave that serial number on the tube of the suppressor(along with other pertinent info), if you want them to have the same serial. If not then pick a serial for your can, engrave your data and call it a day.

How are you planning on permanently attaching the tube?

-B
mg81
Silent But Deadly

Post by mg81 »

For the length I would use the length of the suppressor tube.

I have several integrals from a well know manufacturer some user serviceable and some permanently sealed. The length on my Form 4 is the tube length on all the forms.

I assume the manufacture went to the effort to talk with ATF and fill out the form 4 the way ATF wanted them to.

Also if you ever get annoyed with your host rifle or barrel you can switch around the suppressor to another host rifle/barrel. The firearm is not part of the suppressor. A rifle with a threaded and/or ported barrel is not a registered part, at least not yet.
Schlafftablett
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Schlafftablett »

Mine is on a bolt gun and the tube is welded to the barrel so I suppose it's kinda removable albeit not easily. In any case I used the tube length.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Schlafftablett wrote:Mine is on a bolt gun and the tube is welded to the barrel so I suppose it's kinda removable albeit not easily. In any case I used the tube length.
I think because your barrel and tube are one after welding it should be the OAL of both not just the tube.
Example is the shrouded barrel like the TacSol SBX barrel is 16 inches even with only a 12" barrel,
or a 14.5 AR barrel with a permatached flashider that makes it 16"
All three of my SRT integrals are on the forms as the total length of the barrel and can because of the weld.