Red Jacket 12ga Suppressor baffle pics...

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jfk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Red Jacket 12ga Suppressor baffle pics...

Post by jfk »

Looks great
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Bendersquint wrote:
Scared_of_zombies wrote: :idea: I think I figured it all out.

He (or whomever made this crime against the gun and suppressor community) hasn't ever researched anything AT ALL. Maybe he truly believes he "made the first" masterkey, suppressed shotgun, etc. He never took the time to research that it had been done successfully before by nearly everyone. Thats the only way a "custom gun manufacturer" can make a freeze plug suppressor on a lathe and be OK with it.
The tube is aluminum as well, and has alot of erosion and corrosion from where the spring was in the blast chamber, just sad.
I know you will do it justice.But don't let the manufacturer know as they will claim the performance as there own. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PM sent
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

Schmit55 wrote:Who is their right mind would let them do a 1911! Much less Hornady and Brownells!
They got their company names mentioned on a prime time TV show :shock: ,
and also during all the promo's for that episode ......and don't forget future reruns
All for the price paid (if any) for the weapons provided (if that was the deal).
The Hornady and Brownell Boys made a pretty smart advertising play.
Who's to say they didn't trash them on the way back home. :lol:
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Bendersquint wrote:
I think washers and spacers would have been better than this. I may go to the hardware store and buy a bunch of fender washers to just see how it does.

I am guessing simply filling the tube with fiberglass insulation woudl be a improvement. Funny how advertising gets people to buy even when what is being sold is total junk.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Whats worse is this is the first of 2 customers that I recommended NOT to get a RJF and they did anyways. They are basically double investing now, guess they should have listened.
selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Post by selph arms llc »

It looks like i will have to let one of my customers have one for cost so i can post pics.
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Bendersquint wrote:For those wondering what Red Jacket baffles look like.

The one in the upper right is the blast baffle, it is the only steel baffle.

Yes that is a spring in there!

Closeup and overview.

All the white is corrosion from aluminum baffles in what should have been a steel can.
Mr. B., I am astonished having just run across the pictures of their abomination non-design of baffles.

Who was the limp-Richard [ trying to stay classy ] who hacked this out ... did they use the tongue piercing
ball for calibrating the settings of the boring bar?

The plastic tube, tape, and mattress stuffing designs on YouTube by teenagers
for their squirt guns are more innovative and better executed.

Holy Jamaican Bat Guano, Batman!
mooface

Post by mooface »

I think RJ has actually done a great service for NFA firearms and those who enjoy them.

I have been working with firearms for a few decades and have dabbled in NFA off and on and I have observed a distinct change since SOG went on the air.

10 years ago people I would encounter would have a near universal response when at the range or at a gun business:

"That thing is illegal"
"All silencers are banned in the US"
"There are no legal machine guns unless you're a cop"
"Nobody buys a silencer except to murder people"
"Only cops and drug dealers use machine guns"

I have had the police called to the range more than a few times.
I have had the police called to my house by a church member.
A friend had their class 3 business reported repeatedly for "gunrunning in plain sight" and "selling illegal machine guns"

Frequently the fine officers who responded had zero idea what the law actually was and not the slightest clue as to how to interpret ATF paperwork.

But now since SOG has been plastered across TV I find that coworkers and the non shooting public have a flawed but definitely more positive view towards NFA guns. True they think ATF paperwork takes a week to get approved and they think RJ invented the firearm, but they at least see it as a positive and innocent hobby instead of a sport only pursued by anti-government militias, drug dealers and folks who wish to duplicate columbine.

This is illustrated by an recent experience at the gun range with myself, a friend, and his gemtech equipped 10/22....

A hunter who had been fruitlessly attempting to sight in his newly purchased circuit judge with Wal Mart zombie targets came sidling over, it went something like this.

Wal Mart shopper: "Hey that's one of those Red Coat guns isn't it?"

**A long pause while we contemplated the difficulty in trying to straighten this out**

Me: "Yes. Yes it is"

Wal Mart shopper: "Is that a Say-ga?"

My friend: "Yep, this is a Saiga 22"

Wal Mart shopper: "I saw the show where they invented that, it was awesome. Was it expensive?"

Me: "$18,000"

Wal Mart shopper: "Oh, wow. I was thinking about getting one for the wife but DMV didn't seem to have the form for the special driver's license"

My friend: "Call Red Jacket, they can sort out the license stuff, you may have to leave them a voice mail."
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people's ignorance is superceded only by their ineptitude...
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

mollinst wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people's ignorance is superceded only by their ineptitude...
Molière could not have said it better or simpler or with more comedic punch. Pithy, minimalist, and
great crafting of the language. My compliments.

And, Mooface, I had a COW laughing at your experience at the range. You are indeed
correct that even silly exposure to legal NFA items helps educate the plebes so that
when they go to the RMV to get approval for health care they will not be shocked.

Looking forward to a meaningful Science Channel one hour on the subject.
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

Molière could not have said it better or simpler or with more comedic punch. Pithy, minimalist, and
great crafting of the language. My compliments.
As the Master, you honor me sir. My humble thanks. :wink: