Red Jacket 12ga Suppressor baffle pics...

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Iansstud
Silent Operator

Red Jacket 12ga Suppressor baffle pics...

Post by Iansstud »

anyone know what the inside of a Red Jacket 12ga suppressor looks like?

Im trying to design a Form 1 can, and am having trouble finding any pics of baffles...

I would assume it is just a ported barrel extension, with baffels. I would like to know how many, and any info about the porting...

Thanks-
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Re: Red Jacket 12ga Suppressor baffle pics...

Post by Bowen1911 »

the 308 can pictures I have seen are pretty much washers with dater holes

"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Bowen1911 wrote:the 308 can pictures I have seen are pretty much washers with dater holes

From your experience could this be improved MESHING AROUND with #16 Phosphor Bronze mesh
in jelly roles (sic :) ) in each chamber.? They would be easily cleaned or replaced.
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

I've never seen one in person, but after that picture, I think I will stick to form 1's
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

Interesting that the idea of a spring holding a baffle stack was being discussed in another thread and was generally thought of as a bad idea. I happen to agree with that line of thought. I don't see how the spring would last any significant length of time.
Iansstud
Silent Operator

Post by Iansstud »

Thanks for the pic!

I dont belive in springs for a rifle can! That is for sure!!!! After watching the son of guns show, Maybe its just the editing, but it sure seems like from Idea to product there is very little R&D that goes into a red jacket project, but like I said, Maybe its just the editing... If I worked there I sure as HELL wouldent last a day without Knocking will's ass out cold if he talked to me like he does his guys! I cant belive he treats his employees like that!

I was hoping to see a one of the 2' long cans they make for the saiga 12ga shotguns taken apart...
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Jmark wrote:I don't see how the spring would last any significant length of time.
If he spring doesn't reach it's yield load before reaching full compression it shouldn't experience too much wear. Not that I think it's a good idea, but from an engineering point of view it should work fine.
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

The spring in the pics above is not what I had in mind when I started the other thread. Die springs are alot different than a regular coil spring. If the spring posted above will hold up any lenght of time at all, a die spring would not be a "bad" idea. Anyhoo, back on topic. I would love to see a baffle design for a 12ga myself. Surely somebody will chime in with some pics and info. I don't understand how the shot doesn't get tangled up in the baffles???

Nice .22 can in the video by the way...
Last edited by Blackpearl on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

Bowen1911 wrote:the 308 can pictures I have seen are pretty much washers with dater holes

MAG light and freeze plugs. :wink: Form 1 for sure!!
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
rockmup

Post by rockmup »

Blackpearl wrote:The spring in the pics above is not what I had in mind when I started the other thread. Die springs are alot different than a regular coil spring. If the spring posted above will hold up any lenght of time at all, a die spring would not be a "bad" idea. Anyhoo, back on topic. I would love to see a baffle design for a 12ga myself. Surely somebody will chime in with some pics and info. I don't understand how the shot doesn't get tangled up in the baffles???

Nice .22 can in the video by the way...
There are pics in here somewhere of a Russian 12G can. RJ's are just a vairiaton of it. Nothing special or ground breaking. Its simply a ported barrel with choreboy wrapped between the barrel and outer tube
Todd

TCustoms
07/C2 SOT
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

wow. really? really? i mean really?
NP
Tanasoo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tanasoo »

delta9mda wrote:wow. really? really? i mean really?

Have you seen their show? Their idea of precision work is taking a wire feed and angle grinder to an old AK... :?
oneeyedmac

Post by oneeyedmac »

If I watch the show just for entertainment, which is what it's meant to be, I guess it's OK. I wouldn't watch it to learn about the gun business or guns and I don't think their intention is to teach anyone about the gun business, it's to entertain. Will seems like the kind of guy who'd be OK to have a beer with and his people seem to like him.

That .308 suppressor isn't on their web site but their .556 suppressors run $589-$675 which seems high for what it is. I'd love to hear one or see a video of one in use. There are also mis-spelled words on their web site which I find embarrassing. Not that I'm a champion speller but I use spell check on my web site.

Then again, who am I to judge.

ETA: I found videos on Youtube of their cans AK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xetvci2kePE, Saiga with hot girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASLaYVqz9kc&NR=1, another Saiga with a different girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0KQSQoxY8&NR=1 and there are others if you search. Of course it's hard to judge sound quality on a youtube video.
Deus Beatus
Tanasoo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tanasoo »

oneeyedmac wrote:If I watch the show just for entertainment, which is what it's meant to be, I guess it's OK. I wouldn't watch it to learn about the gun business or guns and I don't think their intention is to teach anyone about the gun business, it's to entertain. Will seems like the kind of guy who'd be OK to have a beer with and his people seem to like him.

I agree completely.
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

I'm starting to wonder if Red Jacket's idea of R&D isn't just opening up another case of Budweiser.

"Fire up the grinders and the chop-saw boys, I got me a grand ideer!"

:roll:

-urban
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

I honestly think most of what you see is done with an entertainment aspect. Think about it like this. Most people that watch that show(I base this on my friends that watch it and have no idea how guns really work)are going to be more impressed to see a die grinder throwing sparks than they would be watching some guy sit at a bench with a ruby stone and a trigger/sear doing a precision polish. Also, if these guys truly come up with unique designs, they do not want those designs shown on television for obvious reasons.

Now I will agree they are some good ol' boys. I being from Tennessee don't really have a problem with that as long as they do quality work. Kinda like on OCC. There is no way those guys really use a cordless drill to put a hole in the frame of a bike, that will eventually cost over $100k, and in this hand drilled hole rides the rear wheel assembly. It simply does not happen, but you see them do stuff like that all the time. And of course they fight to no extent. Really? This is how you run your business? No, it's all for entertainment purposes. Just my .02

Thanks for the links oneeyedmac. I personally can never get enough of hot girls shooting guns.....
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

Tanasoo wrote:
delta9mda wrote:wow. really? really? i mean really?

Have you seen their show? Their idea of precision work is taking a wire feed and angle grinder to an old AK... :?
i have watched it and find myself blurting out "gimme a break", "do this, dont do that", "what are you doing"? etc.
NP
oneeyedmac

Post by oneeyedmac »

It wouldn't very interesting to watch a guy alone put 200 shots down range to test a firearm for function. So that may or may not be going on; we can't judge. We've seen them using a mill and I think I remember seeing a manual lathe in action once but if you watch you can see there are CNC machines in the shop but they don't show them in use because it's not very exciting to watch some person input code.
Deus Beatus
camoxjeep
Silent But Deadly

Post by camoxjeep »

I agree thats its more for entertainment purposes but give me a break about the guy they just brought on to weld and he cant even weld. At least if your gonna have a show about fabbing guns esp the type they work with at least do some decent fabbing so it doesnt look like you just crawled out of a 12 pack of bud and started throwing crap together to get the sale.
Quote from RSilvers "1:8 is the new 1:10"

PETA - People Enjoying Tasty Animals
Airborne - Because life's too short to be a leg...
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

camoxjeep wrote:I agree thats its more for entertainment purposes but give me a break about the guy they just brought on to weld and he cant even weld. At least if your gonna have a show about fabbing guns esp the type they work with at least do some decent fabbing so it doesnt look like you just crawled out of a 12 pack of bud and started throwing crap together to get the sale.
Speaking of the new guy welding, I like how Will asked him to TIG weld the holes closed then it showed him using a MIG welder. If they don't know the difference between the two they really have no business welding.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

Speaking of the new guy welding, I like how Will asked him to TIG weld the holes closed then it showed him using a MIG welder. If they don't know the difference between the two they really have no business welding.
No Kiddin........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
sprayandpray

Post by sprayandpray »

Glad I wasnt the only one that caught that.....

Also , I dont know if it was the editing, but to me it looked like the -42 he rewelded and redesigned to shoot from a closed bolt , was at the very least doubling?

(and I thought you couldn't make an AOW from an existing shotgun)
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

sprayandpray wrote:Glad I wasnt the only one that caught that.....

Also , I dont know if it was the editing, but to me it looked like the -42 he rewelded and redesigned to shoot from a closed bolt , was at the very least doubling?

(and I thought you couldn't make an AOW from an existing shotgun)
Yeah it seemed to be doubling to me too. I like when they were building the Ma Deuce 50 cal and one of the gunsmiths was talking about how many rivets that it has. He compared it to an AK47 which he said "has 6 or 8 rivets".

Now I'm no professional gunsmith but I've built about 15 AK's, everything from bulgarian krinks to yugo RPKs and just a standard romanian wood stock AK has 13 rivets. Where he got 6 or 8 I haven't the foggiest but he's not one I would want to build my rifle. As far as gunsmiths go, these guys seem like a joke. I think they got their gunsmith training from the Wile E. Coyote school of gunsmithing. :roll:
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
oneeyedmac

Post by oneeyedmac »

It's a show that edited and re-edited to be entertaining; nothing more. We have no idea what has been taken out and I seriously doubt whether the folks doing the editing have any idea which end of the gun the bullet comes out. I think I even saw a post where Will said that they have no say at all in how the editing goes or what actually ends up on the tube.

I've doubted that anyone in the entertainment industry wants to reflect anything in the gun industry in a good light anyway. Maybe they want these guys to look like rubes, who knows.

Just me $.02, for what it's worth.
Deus Beatus
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

oneeyedmac wrote:It's a show that edited and re-edited to be entertaining; nothing more. We have no idea what has been taken out and I seriously doubt whether the folks doing the editing have any idea which end of the gun the bullet comes out. I think I even saw a post where Will said that they have no say at all in how the editing goes or what actually ends up on the tube.

I've doubted that anyone in the entertainment industry wants to reflect anything in the gun industry in a good light anyway. Maybe they want these guys to look like rubes, who knows.

Just me $.02, for what it's worth.
doesnt make the show suck any less
NP