What design would you use for a 22 cal wet micro can?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CThomas
Silent But Deadly

What design would you use for a 22 cal wet micro can?

Post by CThomas »

OK Thompson did the WASP with a monocore. What other design would yield good results, again wet. I am thinking 3.5" & 3/4 diameter. Would mini K's or mini Omegas work (yeah well aware that one would need to ask permission on these)? What about a straight wiped/wet can with round nose ammo? Yes, accuracy would suck with a 22 cal wiped can. I think Ceiner did something like this many, many years ago. Or would a couple of baffles then wet/wiped yield better results?
This is just one of those curiosity form 1 ideas I am kicking around.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Re: What design would you use for a 22 cal wet micro can?

Post by CThomas »

Wow 99 views and not one person has any thoughts on a design for a 22 micro can. HMMM
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

You did ask a Q

""""Or would a couple of baffles then wet/wiped yield better results?""""

that demand a straight answer, not speculations

seems nobody can answer :wink:
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

CThomas wrote:Wow 99 views and not one person has any thoughts on a design for a 22 micro can. HMMM
I dont know much about the micro stuff. Is what I do know is that wipes can make them Quieter. What is it you intend to do with this? Point blank , Less than three feet, is all the accuracy your gonna get with wipes!

As far as wet, from what I`ve read it helps. Cans Do wet themselves. As far as adding a abblative, not worth it unless it`s nessasary.

I would bet if you did a K similar to the ELEMENT, in micro size, it would probably do well.

I did read your post and had to decide to spill my thoughts or not. Surrely someone else into micro`s will respond. :wink:
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

Me personally for a micro can like you talk about, I prefer to go wet with wipes and you can choose your own type of baffle, me I like mono-cores.

Believe it or not, in my experiences shooting a .22lr though a wipe doesn't affect the accuracy as much as you would think. When using my Nano Suppressor on a .22 pistol I can still hit a 1 foot square target with no problems at 25 yards.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

James DeGroat wrote:Me personally for a micro can like you talk about, I prefer to go wet with wipes and you can choose your own type of baffle, me I like mono-cores.

Believe it or not, in my experiences shooting a .22lr though a wipe doesn't affect the accuracy as much as you would think. When using my Nano Suppressor on a .22 pistol I can still hit a 1 foot square target with no problems at 25 yards.

James, I have seen and read about your Nano can for sometime now and realize it uses "one or two" wipes depending on thickness. Now I realize that the Nano is specific in where the wipe has to go so you are limited to how may wipes can be used. So I am curious did you do any experimenting with multiple wipes during your design phase on the Nano or any other cans? Can a 22 round pass through multiple wipes that are spread out thru the front end of can. Picture how they are spread out through a KAC Snap On can. How may do you think would be to many and cause serious accuracy issues or internal strikes? Lastly, assuming wipes are spread out similar to Snap ON can would going with 1/8" or 1/16" inch thick wipes have less of an adverse impact on bullet flight within can?
Thanks

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

CThomas wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:Me personally for a micro can like you talk about, I prefer to go wet with wipes and you can choose your own type of baffle, me I like mono-cores.

James, I have seen and read about your Nano can for sometime now and realize it uses "one or two" wipes depending on thickness. Now I realize that the Nano is specific in where the wipe has to go so you are limited to how may wipes can be used. So I am curious did you do any experimenting with multiple wipes during your design phase on the Nano or any other cans? Can a 22 round pass through multiple wipes that are spread out thru the front end of can. Picture how they are spread out through a KAC Snap On can. How may do you think would be to many and cause serious accuracy issues or internal strikes? Lastly, assuming wipes are spread out similar to Snap ON can would going with 1/8" or 1/16" inch thick wipes have less of an adverse impact on bullet flight within can?
Thanks

Sorry to say I didn't do any wipe designs like the KAC Hush Puppy snap on suppressor, mainly because that wasn't the design concept I was going for. That KAC suppressor is a good example how wipes can be used and not affect the accuracy too much.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Damn it... why did you have to remind me that I want a Nano. I have plenty of other stuff I'm saving up for already :evil:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Damn it... why did you have to remind me that I want a Nano. I have plenty of other stuff I'm saving up for already :evil:

:lol: sorry about that.

Drop me an e-mail and I can help you fill that "want" void with a shinny new all Titanium Nano suppressor... :D
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com