I really need advice!

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

WooD
Silent But Deadly

I really need advice!

Post by WooD »

Just got off the phone with the ATF, and was transferred to 3 different people that told me 3 different things.

I was going to use the online PDF for my form 1's. I'm sending 2 of them in the same envelope.

1. I was told I could use the online PDF form 1, but then I read somewhere it has to be one page front, and back. Nobody at ATF could give me an answer to that.

2. I was told that if I mailed 2 forms together I'd not need 4 fingerprint cards, but from what I've read you need 2 sets for each form.

3. I've read I also need to fill out a citizenship form http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf no one I talked to had even heard of this form.

4. I asked if there was a certain number of digits for the serial number I pick for my can, all 3 "THOUGHT" I could use any amount of numbers I want. I don't want to send in a form that I think is OK.

Sorry for the clueless questions, but this is my first.
dvanncvann
Silent But Deadly

Re: I really need advice!

Post by dvanncvann »

Form 1 must be 1 page front and back.
You only need 2 fingerprint cards per envelope. ( You can submit more than 1 form 1 in the same envelope)
You need 1 citizenship declaration.
Serial # is your choice.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end......
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

The BATFE can send you the forms you need plus the fingerprint card you need. The other form and card is from the state.A local class 3 dealer can help you if he is a nice guy.He will know about the citizenship card if needed also.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

Thanks guys!!
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

WooD

When the first page of the Form 1 comes out of the printer just flip it over a print the second page on the back
And yes, it must be 1 page printed front and back and not on two separate pieces of paper

On the serial number thing, I really don’t remember but I think you need three digits. Even if you don’t need three, it looks better anyway. I always use my initials(trust initials)and three digits such as ABM 001
It looks better that way
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JimmyB wrote:WooD

When the first page of the Form 1 comes out of the printer just flip it over a print the second page on the back
And yes, it must be 1 page printed front and back and not on two separate pieces of paper

On the serial number thing, I really don’t remember but I think you need three digits. Even if you don’t need three, it looks better anyway. I always use my initials(trust initials)and three digits such as ABM 001
It looks better that way
I think the most important thing to make others aware of is that you have to talk to the NFA BRANCH not just plain ole ATF. I have never been steered wrong by the people that do it for a living(as far as Forms and getting things approved, we won't talk about interpretations etc...)

-B