Success - K baffle 22 suppressor with photos

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Re: Success - K baffle 22 suppressor with photos

Post by saltydecimator »

Enfield577 wrote:
saltydecimator wrote:this is awesome! our little "free" friend in NZ can experiment at will un like us "free" americans!

looks a lot smoother in that second set of baffles btw. nice job!!!

what are the laws about machineguns in NZ?
Yes things are pretty good over here

Now the laws re machine guns etc, you have to get a collectors licence (quite easy to get if you have no bad history) then you can have just about whatever you want, however with a collectors firearm you can have the gun and it is allowed to be in working order and you have no restrictions on buying ammo but you are not allowed to fire anything that you have on a collectors licence :wink: You must however keep it with vital part removed ie firing pin.

I have a Skorpion and understand that they go quite well, or so I am told anyway

Cheers
sweet! i have one too! granted mine currently is way less funtionable than yours.

let that sucker rip! dont ask, dont tell! looks like you havea lotta land around ya, thread the barrel, and rock and roll!
its quiet time!
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Re: Success - K baffle 22 suppressor with photos

Post by Enfield577 »

saltydecimator wrote:
Enfield577 wrote:
saltydecimator wrote:this is awesome! our little "free" friend in NZ can experiment at will un like us "free" americans!

looks a lot smoother in that second set of baffles btw. nice job!!!

what are the laws about machineguns in NZ?
Yes things are pretty good over here

Now the laws re machine guns etc, you have to get a collectors licence (quite easy to get if you have no bad history) then you can have just about whatever you want, however with a collectors firearm you can have the gun and it is allowed to be in working order and you have no restrictions on buying ammo but you are not allowed to fire anything that you have on a collectors licence :wink: You must however keep it with vital part removed ie firing pin.

I have a Skorpion and understand that they go quite well, or so I am told anyway

Cheers
sweet! i have one too! granted mine currently is way less funtionable than yours.

let that sucker rip! dont ask, dont tell! looks like you havea lotta land around ya, thread the barrel, and rock and roll!
Yes I was thinking of making a suppressor for 32 ACP, a nice little sub-sonic round would be just the job

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most