MagLite Can ?. DONE !

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Re: MagLite Can ?. DONE !

Post by CThomas »

Nice work Paul.

Now here is what I would like to see. Get a 3 or 4 cell D maglite turned into a 223 can. Do not cut it beind the button, leave whole. Machine a threaded end cap on the lamp side and then sleeve the inside to just past the button with a SS sleeve. Then a couple of SS baffles and then perhaps some aluminum baffles thereafter or just more SS baffles.
Muzzle end; either use the existing threaded end cap or machine a new one with more beef. The head of the light could then still be screwed on, you could screw in your bulb as you did above and it would look like a ordinary light.
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

OK, yes, i did finally trade the Can for a new 3-Cell MagLite. I got it !, they guy at the shop was really surprised and accepted the deal in nano seconds … I brought the 10/22 to the shop and have some shot at the storage. Fine. What I did is to forget to record videos of shooting so I’ll try to get it back for some shots.

CThomas just basically posted what I have in mind. No .223RM because mine is now on vacations waiting for a new (or refurbished Barrel). The closest I have is the old .243WM. Once tested, I’ll re bore for .308WM.

I’ll be using SS for a couple of Blast Baffles (probably B-Baffles or just plains fender washers) the rest, all Alu. The can is going to quite long. Just Tube is 10 inches. So I’ll enjoy a large Blast room.

For what I’ve seen so far, threading is (at both sides) 1 7/16 – 20 what is fine for what I can do. I’ll work around the switch with a spacer.

So, it’s coming. Not as fast as this one because I have to work now.

Best,

Paul
The future is not waiting for us, it is waiting within us ...
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

I know this is an old post but it is my first one here. I found this while researching making a suppressor for my 300 BLK. I have a trust and would form1 this hopefully soon because of the changes coming about in January. I don't live in a CLEO friendly area so I only have a small and closing window to do this or I would just save up and do a proper can. My budget is right at the stamp and maglite conversion. I need some advice on how many freeze plug baffles and how far to space them with a 3 D cell maglite. Thanks for all the info!
Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.K »

File for the stamp. You have a lot of time for everything else.

ps. I sat on my first form 1 for 5 years until I got a lathe.
Kyle O.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Gatorade wrote:I know this is an old post but it is my first one here. I found this while researching making a suppressor for my 300 BLK. I have a trust and would form1 this hopefully soon because of the changes coming about in January. I don't live in a CLEO friendly area so I only have a small and closing window to do this or I would just save up and do a proper can. My budget is right at the stamp and maglite conversion. I need some advice on how many freeze plug baffles and how far to space them with a 3 D cell maglite. Thanks for all the info!
What happens in January?
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Bendersquint wrote:
Gatorade wrote:I know this is an old post but it is my first one here. I found this while researching making a suppressor for my 300 BLK. I have a trust and would form1 this hopefully soon because of the changes coming about in January. I don't live in a CLEO friendly area so I only have a small and closing window to do this or I would just save up and do a proper can. My budget is right at the stamp and maglite conversion. I need some advice on how many freeze plug baffles and how far to space them with a 3 D cell maglite. Thanks for all the info!
What happens in January?
From what I heard ATF will try to implement executive orders to require CLEO sign off for trusts.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Gatorade wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
What happens in January?
From what I heard ATF will try to implement executive orders to require CLEO sign off for trusts.
Should do some more reading up on that. There is no set date as to when 41P go into effect if it even does.