Welrod Technical drawings

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Timelapse

Re: Welrod Technical drawings

Post by Timelapse »

Bendersquint wrote: Still working on it, it is on the backburner worked on here and there, we have much more pressing things to be dealing with.
Thank you for your fast response, I am looking forward to see your final product.
Jimmy_Jr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jimmy_Jr »

I found this on page 3 of the Suppressor Baffle Pics ONLY thread. Not blueprints, and not sure if this has what the OP is looking for, but I figured it's worth adding it to the discussion.

korabas

Post by korabas »

New drawing appeared in the web. This is Mk.I scheme.
korabas

Post by korabas »

Same as before, but modified by (somebody known) Walther38.

Do anybody have same drawing but for Mk.IIA?
Machine Gun Matt
Silent But Deadly

Post by Machine Gun Matt »

MONGO
07/02 FFL-SOT
korabas

Post by korabas »

I already asked Mongo, he said that he cannot put on the Internet Welrod drawing and 3D models. He has an agreement of no-releasing the stuff. So I asked some other people and now I am waiting for their replies.
In couple of months I am planning to start making a working model of Mk.IIA. But I am going to modify it, instead .320ACP I use .380 ACP. The rest will be pretty similar. All my drawings I will put on the Internet.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

Excellent I look forward to see them

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I re-read this thread a few days ago and it got me thinking. If one wanted to build a sort-of repro and wanted to avoid the AOW aspect of a gripless pistol, you could use some KelTec parts. They make extended magazines (9 or 10 rounds I believe) for the P-32 and the P3AT pocket pistols that extend the grip from stubby to full grips. The magazine wells are not actually on the receivers of those guns. The 'receiver' is a milled aluminum block thingy that sits inside the plastic outer shell. That shell is available without transferring as a firearm. You can get it with the mag release and have brand new, modern magazines for your WelRod. Just trim the plastic down to wherever you need it, leaving a stubby little grip on the bottom of the gun that becomes a full length grip with the mag installed.

Just food for thought.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

jlwilliams wrote:I re-read this thread a few days ago and it got me thinking. If one wanted to build a sort-of repro and wanted to avoid theAOW aspect of a gripless pistol, you could use some KelTec parts. They make extended magazines (9 or 10 rounds I believe) for the P-32 and the P3AT pocket pistols that extend the grip from stubby to full grips. The magazine wells are not actually on the receivers of those guns. The 'receiver' is a milled aluminum block thingy that sits inside the plastic outer shell. That shell is available without transferring as a firearm. You can get it with the mag release and have brand new, modern magazines for your WelRod. Just trim the plastic down to wherever you need it, leaving a stubby little grip on the bottom of the gun that becomes a full length grip with the mag installed.

Just food for thought.
Extrapolating from reading the regulations and the Braverman Stinger single
shot pistol, the Welrod with its pistol grip does not seem to fall into the AOW 'zip' gun category.
Am I missing something?

More knowledgeable folks please clarify.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Historian wrote:
jlwilliams wrote:I re-read this thread a few days ago and it got me thinking. If one wanted to build a sort-of repro and wanted to avoid theAOW aspect of a gripless pistol, you could use some KelTec parts. They make extended magazines (9 or 10 rounds I believe) for the P-32 and the P3AT pocket pistols that extend the grip from stubby to full grips. The magazine wells are not actually on the receivers of those guns. The 'receiver' is a milled aluminum block thingy that sits inside the plastic outer shell. That shell is available without transferring as a firearm. You can get it with the mag release and have brand new, modern magazines for your WelRod. Just trim the plastic down to wherever you need it, leaving a stubby little grip on the bottom of the gun that becomes a full length grip with the mag installed.

Just food for thought.
Extrapolating from reading the regulations and the Braverman Stinger single
shot pistol, the Welrod with its pistol grip does not seem to fall into the AOW 'zip' gun category.
Am I missing something?

More knowledgeable folks please clarify.
The Welrod is classified as a suppressed pistol.

It doesn't even remotely fit the legal description of an AOW.
korabas

Post by korabas »

jlwilliams wrote:I re-read this thread a few days ago and it got me thinking. If one wanted to build a sort-of repro and wanted to avoid the AOW aspect of a gripless pistol, you could use some KelTec parts. They make extended magazines (9 or 10 rounds I believe) for the P-32 and the P3AT pocket pistols that extend the grip from stubby to full grips. The magazine wells are not actually on the receivers of those guns. The 'receiver' is a milled aluminum block thingy that sits inside the plastic outer shell. That shell is available without transferring as a firearm. You can get it with the mag release and have brand new, modern magazines for your WelRod. Just trim the plastic down to wherever you need it, leaving a stubby little grip on the bottom of the gun that becomes a full length grip with the mag installed.

I am not US resident, so I do not carry about AOW regulations. For the same reason it would be quite difficult to get any KelTec parts.
But I was thinking in the similar direction, I plan to use mags from russian Izh-71, what I can get. This is .380 ACP pistol. Suppressor is also going to be modern. The rest is just like in the original Welrod.
Somewhere on this forum I saw a topic about building the modern version of Welrod using parts of modern pistols, like SIG-Sauer P250.
korabas

Post by korabas »

Another drawing of Welrod Mk.I (9 mm).

I got a cross section drawing of Mk.IIA, I will post it here later when I get back home.

upd.
Mk.I silencer.
korabas

Post by korabas »

Ultimately i got a good resolution cross-section file of Mk.IIA.

ChrisF
Silent Operator

Post by ChrisF »

While I think the concept of a copy of the Welrod to be good , it would really be BETTER to update it more in line with todays needs / uses .

I would use maybe a 9x19mm , larger model , up dates would be in modern materials , ie Ti & plastics , maybe use a modern mag , glock , HK , Sig etc .
Design mod , would be a version of straight pull , so it would be much faster / smoother in actual operation , ejection port maybe relocated to side , so it leaves the top clean for a combination of iron sights & a rail for red dot or holo sights etc .
And a better suppressor ?

So in short , I would make commonsense improvements on the basic theory of the welrod .

Later Chris