im sure its been discussed.... 9mm Spectre 2type baffles

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

im sure its been discussed.... 9mm Spectre 2type baffles

Post by saltydecimator »

after bender JB my AAC 9mm can, and after swr replaced my specter 1 stack, i am left wanting more....it would be great if i could shoot lead bullets outta 9mm with impunity... so, whats the dealio, is it possible to make an effective 9mm baffle modeled after the Spectre 2 baffle system?

baffles like these
its quiet time!
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Re: im sure its been discussed.... 9mm Spectre 2type baffle

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

ha, was just about to ask why not get an octane 9? you can also shoot lead out of the tirant (or any of the other user servicable 9mm cans) but if you're going high-volume, stainless baffles (octane) will be easiest to clean (or at least easiest to clean without undue wear on your suppressor).
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

ya been outta the market for awhile, then my evo 9 piston detent came out so i have had to send it back to aac. i hadnt put many rounds through it, but it was gummed to the walls pretty good. (i disassembled it to see if the detent was somewhere in the can) that got me to thinkin aboot doin a recore on my evo 9...bender had offered to make me a new stack in the vein of a tirant, i think, but i declined. and since having my Spectre re-cored, i am realizing how great those baffles are in aiding cleaning.....have put near 700 through it with no probs, and stack just slides out!

the od of those baffles in the octane are bigger than in the evo, so i assume i couldnt do an easy in and out...

so in my absence, is there any new players in the "aftermarket" silencer repair and mod world? i would like to get a few quotes, and see what happens....

stupid wait times have me bummed, as well of a shorness of cash for a whole new suppressor
its quiet time!