Magpul Image Thread

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Braidon wrote:
Good to know Nick, I appreciate it :) Milspec Monkey makes some cool stuff

Nice guys as well.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
idings3

Post by idings3 »

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Good looking picture.

ETA- .... and nice C series lower!
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

ACS

Stick

Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Awesome pics.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

idings3 wrote:Image
Very nice!
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
idings3

Post by idings3 »

Thanks guys! I'll have to get some more pics and post them up.
mikevician
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mikevician »

ar15chatterbox.com
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Limited Edition.

Stick

KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

PMAG-LR in M110 SASS

PMAG-LR in SR-25 BattleRifle

PMAG's in SR16's
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

rob_s wrote:Image
GAAAAAASPPP!!!!

WOLF AMMO! (kidding)

Nice picture, I take it you painted the stuff that color for a testing purpose?
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

They were Magpul production items at one point.
Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

ACS

Stick

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Yep, somebody hooked me up with some old production Magpuls. They made lots of colors at one time.

cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

rob_s wrote:Yep, somebody hooked me up with some old production Magpuls. They made lots of colors at one time.

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Wonder why they dropped them?
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

My guess would be that it makes more sense for them to concentrate on main stream items than products which have a more limited appeal.
Stick

KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

So late last week, I finally went from this:

To this:

Notice that I have moved the aft UBR sling cup to the right-hand side. This allows for reaction-hand transition without the sling passing behind the stock:

I put adhesive velcro on the case deflector and ejection port cover stop to protect the finish. I did this on my last AR and it performed its intended function very well:

I had to get creative about protecting the rails around the rear sling mount sockets and rail's cap screws since the XTMs wouldn't go on:

Note the relief on the ladder cover performed with an almost-sharp-enough Leatherman tool:

Here are the relief cuts for the rail's cap screws:

I had a buddy sand the side XTM panels down to allow the ARM-R top rail to be removed, as the picatinny grabbers had interfering corners. The VLTOR bipod also allows clearance, so I can remove the top cover without removing any accessories:

UBR and bipod stowed:

The LWRC M6A3 upper is awesome. The one-piece bolt carrier is a piece of art. The IR cover on the light is just a pressure switch safety, as the LED plus the cover puts out negligible IR light and is effectively almost opaque. I had the cover and decided to put it on.

I'll Duracoat the upper later to match the lower.

Chase
Last edited by chase on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase

suppressortools.com
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Nice!

Is that a Larue LT 606 light mount?

I am trying to get up my SCAR with a light, and the current offset mount doesn't allow the front sight to go up. Can you tell me approx what the diameter of the head of your flash light is to see how it compares to mine?

Thanks
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Whoops, wrong mag. :oops:

:lol:

from here

chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

mk23,

Thanks! Yes - a LaRue LT606 offset mount. The diameter on a Surefire 6P is 1.25". I'm replacing it with a G2L, which has the same diameter. It has plenty of clearance with the M6A3's front sight.
Chase

suppressortools.com
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Good to know!

I am a big fan of Costa's thumb forward grip on the rail. With the rail guards off, can you still stick your thumb between the flash light mount and the rail? See the SCAR has a very short forearm, so I am working with limited real estate.

Btw, how do you like the LWRC upper?
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

I'm sure the thumb will fit between the rail and mount.

I LOVE the upper. Just got it the other day and haven't shot it yet. It has taken me almost a year to build this rifle. The one piece bolt carrier by itself was worth the wait.
Chase

suppressortools.com