MOE rubber overmolded grip

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

MOE rubber overmolded grip

Post by st33ve0 »

When are these coming to market?
NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Post by NickB »

We're close. I think the plan was to release them this month, but that may or may not happen depending on what the engineers and QC guys have to say. I know they were fine tuning the MOE+ to be more consistent and in line with our quality standards, but I haven't heard much about it lately. That's probably a good sign...
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Cool, after trying one out at SHOT I still really want one for my SPR build and I'm glad to hear you guys are on top of things as always :D
NickB

Post by NickB »

st33ve0 wrote:Cool, after trying one out at SHOT I still really want one for my SPR build and I'm glad to hear you guys are on top of things as always :D
Ha! We fooled you! We mostly just drink beer and ride go karts and scooters around the office... :wink:
--Nick
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

NickB wrote:
st33ve0 wrote:Cool, after trying one out at SHOT I still really want one for my SPR build and I'm glad to hear you guys are on top of things as always :D
Ha! We fooled you! We mostly just drink beer and ride go karts and scooters around the office... :wink:
Suitcase go karts? :lol:
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

Is there any way we could convince you guys to make an A1 style MOE grip or A1 style overmolded MOE?

The A1 style MIAD is my favorite configuration, but it would be nice to have a solid one piece grip from you.
NickB

Post by NickB »

bad timing wrote:Is there any way we could convince you guys to make an A1 style MOE grip or A1 style overmolded MOE?

The A1 style MIAD is my favorite configuration, but it would be nice to have a solid one piece grip from you.
What do you mean exactly? The MOE and MOE+ have no A2 finger groove...what else would you like changed?
--Nick
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Here are a few images for those who haven't seen them yet....

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

NickB wrote:
bad timing wrote:Is there any way we could convince you guys to make an A1 style MOE grip or A1 style overmolded MOE?

What do you mean exactly? The MOE and MOE+ have no A2 finger groove...what else would you like changed?
Correct, I like the MIAD and MOE/MOE+ without the A2 finger groove,
but I am talking about having no beavertail molded in. Just the "standard" back. Like a true A1 grip.

It would be awesome if you guys could produce this variation.
That and and one in a "PDW" or "stubby" configuration. The same A1 style, just a bit shorter for those of us running SBR's.

Your thoughts?
NickB

Post by NickB »

bad timing wrote:
NickB wrote:

but I am talking about having no beavertail molded in. Just the "standard" back. Like a true A1 grip.

That and and one in a "PDW" or "stubby" configuration. The same A1 style, just a bit shorter for those of us running SBR's.

Your thoughts?
Ahh, I copy. We considered it, but from our experience about 90% of everyone who uses the MIAD configures it with the B2 midsize backstrap/beaver tail, so the market for an A1 size/shape would be very small relative to the existing size/shape. I do, however, like the PDW or stubby idea...I'll run that by the designers later this week. :twisted:
--Nick
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

NickB wrote:
bad timing wrote:
NickB wrote: What do you mean exactly? The MOE and MOE+ have no A2 finger groove...what else would you like changed?

Your thoughts?
Ahh, I copy. We considered it, but from our experience about 90% of everyone who uses the MIAD configures it with the B2 midsize backstrap/beaver tail, so the market for an A1 size/shape would be very small relative to the existing size/shape. I do, however, like the PDW or stubby idea...I'll run that by the designers later this week. :twisted:
Yeah, I don't know if I'll bother with a MIAD any more as I run my MIAD the same as the MOE. Is the price point on the MOE+ Grip going to be any higher than the MOE Grip?
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

The one and only thing I like about the MIAD over the MOE is the more aggressive texture on the backstrap of the MIAD.
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

NickB wrote:
bad timing wrote:
NickB wrote: What do you mean exactly? The MOE and MOE+ have no A2 finger groove...what else would you like changed?

Your thoughts?
Sickness. Please keep us updated on their thoughts.

Definitely understandable why the MOE/MOE+ is it's current size/shape.
I will stick to my MIAD in A1 configuration for now.

Have you guys considered a MIAD+
Having the grip, front, and back straps overmolded.
Users would be able to mix and match rubber/polymer parts as they see fit,
or just run the entire grip with the overmolded parts.
Just another thought.

Back to you.
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

bad timing wrote:
NickB wrote:
bad timing wrote: Correct, I like the MIAD and MOE/MOE+ without the A2 finger groove,

Your thoughts?
Sickness. Please keep us updated on their thoughts.

Definitely understandable why the MOE/MOE+ is it's current size/shape.
I will stick to my MIAD in A1 configuration for now.

Have you guys considered a MIAD+
Having the grip, front, and back straps overmolded.
Users would be able to mix and match rubber/polymer parts as they see fit,
or just run the entire grip with the overmolded parts.
Just another thought.

Back to you.

NickB, any updates?
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

Any news on the MOE+ or info on the idea of a stubby/PDW size?
MIAD+?

Thank you
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

bad timing wrote:Any news on the MOE+ or info on the idea of a stubby/PDW size?
MIAD+?

Thank you
Nick B, any updates with this?
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

So it looks like these are supposed to be coming out soon...any updates?

ETA: I REALLY want one of these for my KAC special run lower/upper build :D
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Just to tie you over....

Stick

JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I've come to the conclusion that I'll simply have to dedicate an entire paycheck to Magpul one of these days. If you could go ahead and release all the cool stuff right away I'd appreciate it.

kthxbye! Love, JC!
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

That's just cruel and dirty Stick...awesome pic as always :D
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

st33ve0 wrote:That's just cruel and dirty Stick...awesome pic as always :D

Good gear makes for good pictures. Check your IM, I just sent you a rant on an unrelated topic.
Stick

st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Stickman wrote:
st33ve0 wrote:That's just cruel and dirty Stick...awesome pic as always :D

Good gear makes for good pictures. Check your IM, I just sent you a rant on an unrelated topic.
Replied, thanks for the heads up :(
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

The world is filled with dirty SOBs, thankfully we've got some good dudes out here as well.

I'll make up for it, I've got skillz...... I found them in a box along the side of the road. :P

Stick

GonePostal
Silent But Deadly

Re: MOE rubber overmolded grip

Post by GonePostal »

Been a while since any indication of progress on release of this product.

Anyone from MP care to comment?