LR308 with Magpul BAD

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

Strike 6
Senior Silent Operator

LR308 with Magpul BAD

Post by Strike 6 »

Has anyone tried a BAD on a DPMS LR308 yet? I want to make sure it fits before ordering one.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I know it's not going to fit on my DPMS LRT-SASS with how the bolt catch fits into the upper receiver. Not sure if the uppers are the same, but the LRT-SASS lower is marked LR-308.
Mousehouse
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mousehouse »

It won't work unless you modify the bad lever, bolt catch or the upper receiver.

They work great on the AR15. Just received a few more of them yesterday.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I imagine you could pick up a spare bolt catch and drill and tap the paddle and then attach a BAD that had been modified or another piece of metal properly bent and try it...would be kinda ghetto though.
Strike 6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Strike 6 »

I like ghetto. I may try it. :twisted:
Mousehouse
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mousehouse »

You would have to do more then drill the bolt catch. The upper receiver surrounds the bolt catch on the LR308's. You would have to modify the receiver or bad lever to make it work. It can be done but don't know what it would look like when it is finished.
Strike 6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Strike 6 »

You are right. the upper surrounds the bolt release. I'm afraid it will be too ghetto for me.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Strike 6 wrote:You are right. the upper surrounds the bolt release. I'm afraid it will be too ghetto for me.
I'd say if you made a decent sized spacer and drilled and tapped the whole deal and used longer screws it could work...my LRT-SASS bolt catch is really stiff compared to my regular ARs though.
Mousehouse
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mousehouse »

The only good option would be drill and tap your 308 bolt catch and then modify the bad lever to match the outside diameter of your bolt catch. I don't know how strong it would be. We might try it once we get more levers in.
gcw

Post by gcw »

I know this is the magpul forum and I have a bad and love it. but for this situation you may be able to get this to work http://www.phase5tactical.com/g_products/ebr.html

my buddy had one before the bad came out. scroll down to the bottom one not the clamp on.

the only thing i dont like about it is it doesn't curve forward like the bad.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I'm having the same problem with my Tactical Link BAD. It works great on my Noveske, but my LR308 no way. I need something because I don't want two different manual of arms on a similar platform.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe