Beware of Chinese fakes

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

mropus69
Silent But Deadly

Beware of Chinese fakes

Post by mropus69 »

Went to a gun show here last weekend and what to my suprise on a table with all sorts of flashlights and lasers and scopes from China, was a copy of Magpuls PRS sniper stock. I picked it up and played with the adjustable cheek piece and butt-plate. A copy no-less, but a very cheap one at that. Before you lay out the money on something other than the original, make sure you are getting the "REAL DEAL" MAGPUL, not some cheap ass copy that will probably fail on you when you need it.
Steve (Spike) Mullis
USN-Ret HM1 NAC AW FMF
"Cry Havoc and Release the Dogs of War"
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

I had seen pretty damn good airsoft copies at the valley forge gun show this summer. But they were a lot lighter then the PRS
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

FYI: Some airsoft copies are sanctioned by Magpul to be produced, Magpul PTS.

Definitely being careful is a good recommendation on buying any products. It's not just the Chinese who are making copies.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

Unfortunately for a guy that's never seen or held a real PRS they could easily not understand the weight difference between a real one and fake.
"It's an Airsoft that kills people."
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Approaching airsoft stores is always a creepy experience. Just about all of them in the US won't even carry the decent makes of guns, only the horrible trash. And all the optics are trash, because optics cost 3 times what an airsoft gun costs. And they always have to have a side business of selling the daggers with laminated handles and such.
11b20

Post by 11b20 »

they had the same thing here a few weeks ago. it came in a white box looked exactly the same but the adjustments were sloppy. i asked the guy running the booth who made them and he told me that they were the "samea company made frashlight" so i asked him who made the acog (clone) and eo tech (clone) also sitting on his table in a white box to which he responded "samea company made frashlight" and handed me a catalog. i asked him if i could keep the catalog he got real confrontational with me so i offered him 10 dollars for it. he declined and told me to "scram." i went to the owners of the show and informed them that they had a fakes and clone dealer that was more than likely infringing on at least 5 copyrights from several different company's. they told me there was nothing they could do cause he already paid for his table but they wouldn't be inviting him back. i really want to get my hands on one of the catalogs so i can post scanned images up on various forums for personal entertainment and so the various companys can point litigation in the right place.
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

^1
i had a local dealer scam me for a fake aimpoint way before they were a big deal, told me they were dealer samples... wont be doing business with them ever again...