question for someone from magpul

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

ross123
Silent Operator

question for someone from magpul

Post by ross123 »

i was wondering if magpul did any group military deals? i am looking to spend some good old army money on some of your gear.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

I believe NickB would be the correct person to contact.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
Teufelhunden
Silent But Deadly

Re: question for someone from magpul

Post by Teufelhunden »

I am currently deployed overseas and I have sent Nick (Mil/gov) rep. two emails in the past week in regards to a Stock(accessory) I am in need of.
I have not received a single response of whether he can assist me or not!!!
Can anyone enlighten me as to why Magpul does not have a more effecient response time??
Thanks in advance
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Teufelhunden wrote:I am currently deployed overseas and I have sent Nick (Mil/gov) rep. two emails in the past week in regards to a Stock(accessory) I am in need of.
Can anyone enlighten me as to why Magpul does not have a more effecient response time??
Thanks in advance
It's shot-show time, everyone is gearing up for las vegas, so it's kinda hard to get ahold of anyone in the firearms industry right now.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Teufelhunden wrote:I am currently deployed overseas and I have sent Nick (Mil/gov) rep. two emails in the past week in regards to a Stock(accessory) I am in need of.
Thanks in advance
You are emailing the wrong person, contact Justin Beard who is the customer service manager or any of the people at customer service. Nick works large scale military contracts like the British MOD switching to EMAGs.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Post by NickB »

Thanks in advance
Not enough hours in the day. Sorry man. Travel and SHOT Show are kicking our asses right now. I have 587 emails in my inbox, and about 100 voicemails...that's down from 750 and 200 yesterday.

Unfortunately, if you're already deployed, it's damn near impossible to legally export mags, stocks, etc., even if they're going to an APO address. There are some companies who ship anyway, but often times it is confiscated, and it is against Federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

I'm really sorry I can't be more helpful. If there was a way of doing it legally, I would love to get you some gear.
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
Teufelhunden
Silent But Deadly

Post by Teufelhunden »

NickB wrote:
Thanks in advance
Not enough hours in the day. Sorry man. Travel and SHOT Show are kicking our asses right now. I have 587 emails in my inbox, and about 100 voicemails...that's down from 750 and 200 yesterday.

Unfortunately, if you're already deployed, it's damn near impossible to legally export mags, stocks, etc., even if they're going to an APO address. There are some companies who ship anyway, but often times it is confiscated, and it is against Federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

I'm really sorry I can't be more helpful. If there was a way of doing it legally, I would love to get you some gear.
Thanks for the response Nick
I hope I did not come across being negative towards you or Magpul, that certainly was not my intentions
So if the part was mailed to my home address are you stating that my wife could not mail over a plastic cheek riser
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Teufelhunden wrote: So if the part was mailed to my home address are you stating that my wife could not mail over a plastic cheek riser
Big difference between a manufacturer sending something, and a family member sending something. I had my wife send me all sorts of things. :D
Stick