Where are the clear P-mags?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

SMILEwait4Flash

Where are the clear P-mags?

Post by SMILEwait4Flash »

I have a question for the magpul community--I recently got the new Tactical Weapons Magazine and had noticed that Chris Costa was using clear 5.56 p-mags in the KAC E3 SR-15 article. I had also noticed that Travis Haley and Chris Costa were using them in there Art of the Tactical Carbine Volume 1 DVD's. The question is does any one out in the community have any clear 5.56 p-mags that they would want to sell. I am willing to pay top dollar for them. I only ask because I just called Magpul Industies and they informed me that there was only a limited number produced. (DANG)
HAPPINESS IS A BELT FED WEAPON ;-)
NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Where are the clear P-mags?

Post by NickB »

If you can find a clear PMAG for sale, buy it - only a couple of those unicorns ever made it into public hands, and only to people who were trusted not to sell them. The "TMAG", as we called it, never reached production due to unsatisfactory performance of translucent polymers under various conditions - heat, chemicals, pressure, impact, etc.
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
lawndartdesign
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawndartdesign »

...and only to people who were trusted not to sell them.
yay, lets form a lynch mob!
NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Post by NickB »

lawndartdesign wrote:
...and only to people who were trusted not to sell them.
yay, lets form a lynch mob!
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
SMILEwait4Flash

Well, crap. That really sucks that the tmag didnt make it through trials. If Magpul ever gets around to producing clear or translucent smoke colored mags that pass trials, the company will gain a tremendous increase in mag sales. I can think of 6 of my friends and colleagues right off the top of my head that would immediatley buy 15 to 20 of them. Does anyone know of other mag companies that sell durable clear of translucent mags? (30 rnd. 5.56mm) Thanks for the help yall. :)
mike_0120
Silent But Deadly

Post by mike_0120 »

SMILEwait4Flash wrote: Does anyone know of other mag companies that sell durable clear of translucent mags? (30 rnd. 5.56mm) Thanks for the help yall. :)
MSAR does. So does Lancer.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

NickB wrote:If you can find a clear PMAG for sale, buy it - only a couple of those unicorns ever made it into public hands, and only to people who were trusted not to sell them.

Sell? There's a market for this stuff?! I've been trying to give these mags and lower away.....

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

Stickman wrote:
NickB wrote:If you can find a clear PMAG for sale, buy it - only a couple of those unicorns ever made it into public hands, and only to people who were trusted not to sell them.

Sell? There's a market for this stuff?! I've been trying to give these mags and lower away.....

I'll take 'em off your hands. Hell, I'll even pay for shipping. 8)
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
K.O.A.M.

Post by K.O.A.M. »

You are a cruel, cruel man, Stickman.

Cruel and heartless.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

K.O.A.M. wrote:You are a cruel, cruel man, Stickman.

Cruel and heartless.

Thank you, what is left of my black, crusty, dried up heart beats with joy when it hears talk like that.... :D

In actuality, I could never give up my little China Doll lower, she sits next to me and talks. Thats normal.... right?
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Stickman wrote: In actuality, I could never give up my little China Doll lower, she sits next to me and talks. Thats normal.... right?
I don't even know what I could rule out trading for a china doll lower. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only things I wouldn't swap are my KAC Special Run upper and lower. I know I'd give a testicle, a kidney, a lung, or half a liver if the other half would keep me running!
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

JohnnyC wrote:
Stickman wrote: In actuality, I could never give up my little China Doll lower, she sits next to me and talks. Thats normal.... right?
I don't even know what I could rule out trading for a china doll lower. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only things I wouldn't swap are my KAC Special Run upper and lower. I know I'd give a testicle, a kidney, a lung, or half a liver if the other half would keep me running!

I've got no KAC lower, you should take pity on me.... :mrgreen:
Stick

Cheetah
Silent But Deadly

Post by Cheetah »

Stickman wrote:I've got no KAC lower, you should take pity on me.... :mrgreen:

You're missing ONE special run item in the entire firearms industry? I'm impressed :lol:
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

All of my Pmags have clear windows to see how many rounds are left.

Why would you need a completely clear mag?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
K.O.A.M.

Post by K.O.A.M. »

Absolutely. But like any woman, she'll eventually get sick of you and not let you touch her.

Good luck pulling the trigger when the lower is telling you to get your hands off her. :mrgreen:
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Stickman wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

I've got no KAC lower, you should take pity on me.... :mrgreen:
Tell you what, I'll trade you my KAC lower for your China Doll lower and that UNS :mrgreen: oh, and a couple clear pmags :lol:
dangerdan87
Silent But Deadly

Post by dangerdan87 »

So...is there a windowed version of the clear pmags...? :lol:
:mrgreen:
Uncle
Sam's
Misguided
Children
SMILEwait4Flash

I just got back to the forum and saw that stickman has clear pmags. Are you still trying to get rid of them? Please let me know stickman!!! i will take all of them of your hands!!!!!!!!
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

SMILEwait4Flash wrote:I just got back to the forum and saw that stickman has clear pmags. Are you still trying to get rid of them? Please let me know stickman!!! i will take all of them of your hands!!!!!!!!

I wish you had said something sooner, I sent them all back to NickB as I had no further use for them once testing was complete.
Stick

K.O.A.M.

Post by K.O.A.M. »

Stickman wrote:
SMILEwait4Flash wrote:I just got back to the forum and saw that stickman has clear pmags. Are you still trying to get rid of them? Please let me know stickman!!! i will take all of them of your hands!!!!!!!!

I wish you had said something sooner, I sent them all back to NickB as I had no further use for them once testing was complete.
You pulled the wings off of flies when you were a kid, didn't you? :mrgreen:
SMILEwait4Flash

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............................NickB, you lucky son-of-a-gun. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SSSOOOOOOOO fuckin bummed man....................... I guess Lancer mags will have to do.......maybe. If i am not able to add Ranger plates to them than maybe not. The quest for the clear mags continues....................... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
kwin201
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwin201 »

congrats you won the prize for longest and most obnoxious post on this forum!
They exploit your freedom when they take away your rights
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Nick,
You can send some to me.. I won't sell them. ;)

Stick,
Interesting.. would have thought you would have a KAC rifle in your arsenal.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Ryo wrote: Stick,
Interesting.. would have thought you would have a KAC rifle in your arsenal.

Nope, not yet, but one of these days. I've got a KAC upper, so thats half a weapon.... :D
Stick