Magpuls on a SBR'ed Draco

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

HotGuns
Silent But Deadly

Magpuls on a SBR'ed Draco

Post by HotGuns »

I built an SBR from a Draco pistol. Rather than do what everyone else does, I decided to make this a bit different. Its not something that you see everyday.

I put a Magpul collasible on a folding stock mechanism and modified a Magpul grip because I've got used to them and I like the way they feel.

Some people think they look good on AK and I have to agree...this one is really growing on me. Its got a Midwest Industries rail on it and it shoots great and handles great.

What dya think?

LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Re: Magpuls on a SBR'ed Draco

Post by LonghunterCO »

HotGuns wrote:I built an SBR from a Draco pistol. Rather than do what everyone else does, I decided to make this a bit different. Its not something that you see everyday.

I put a Magpul collasible on a folding stock mechanism and modified a Magpul grip because I've got used to them and I like the way they feel.

Some people think they look good on AK and I have to agree...this one is really growing on me. Its got a Midwest Industries rail on it and it shoots great and handles great.

What dya think?

I like it. It looks good, heavy, but good. The BATFE has had my paperwork for one for eight weeks this Thursday. I have no problem with AR parts on an AK, but I have made up my mind to go with a more triditional set up.

Good job there!
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

So, how did you adapt the grip?
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
TronZy
Silent Operator

Post by TronZy »

Very cool.
HotGuns
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotGuns »

With a grip adapter. It just bolts on to the frame and then you can use any AR grip.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Yea, I have that grip adapter for my Siaga 12, very nice. Requires shaving the moe grip down to fit. It's a nice part, but on the saiga it doesn't have a provision for a safety stop, that's my only gripe.

Good looking sbr
Noxspector
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Noxspector »

I like it. I'll do something very similar to my Draco when the paperwork gets back. I'm thinking a micro red dot of some type...maybe Trijicon for it. I like the Magpul Moe + grips a bit better than the standard MOE grips.

Here is the big brother to it that I've done. A bit on the heavy side, but I really appreciate the 2MOA Aimpoint on this one. I also like short vertical grips on longer rifles as i use them for hand stops more than a grip, but they assist me during strong side to support side transitions.... and visa verse.

I also need to add a Krebs safety lever.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I had a Draco I turned into a rifle. I welded an extension and cone muzzle brake on it. Then drilled and tapped the stock rear of the recivier for an ace folding Skelton stock. I really liked the weapon. I had planned to do the SBR but I sold it, and before I get flamed for having a short barrel into a long and not just using a 16" I really love the look
Of a gas block front sight combo. I'd really like to get one of the stg556 I think it's called.

But I like your Draco. I'm bot crazy about ar stocks on aks but to each his own. I think s Draco with an AK100 style polymer folder would be the cats meow. You get a short weapon but it still uses normal ak handguards.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns