SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:24 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Caught a Tuna today.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33981
Location: USA
Today was a great day. Got up at 4am. It was in the 80s which felt perfect being on the ocean. Little wind, and clear. Caught a Tuna that was 61 inches long. The guys with me caught and released several Stripped Bass and Bluefish. I saw so many whales that it was probably over 100.

The Tuna took maybe an hour to reel in. It was rather difficult.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
   
BulletFlight for Android
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:30 pm
Posts: 905
Location: Pacific Northwest (WA)
Nice tuna...

:shock: Where is your life preserver?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33981
Location: USA
I did not know I was going in advance so I did not have it in my car. I am bringing my fly rod next time and pray I hook a Bass and not a Tuna.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm
Posts: 1469
Location: indiana
I see many tuna steaks in your future. Nice catch.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:00 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 1946
Location: OR
Awesome, I'll bet there's gonna be some tuna sandwiches for awhile. That looks like a blue, all we get on the west coast is albacore but there all good.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:15 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Simpsonville, S.C.
Some of us have jobs, and some of us design suppressors, shoot MG's, and go on fishing trips all day. :lol:

Hahaha, great catch. I bet it's nice to be out there. Sometimes the silence, the calm of the ocean and water really, the vast expanse out, easy to forget about the petty crap we argue about here.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Posts: 7693
Location: AZ
Hey, that's a smile. I seen it.

BWT wrote:
Some of us have jobs, and some of us design suppressors, shoot MG's, and go on fishing trips all day. :lol:

Hahaha, great catch. I bet it's nice to be out there. Sometimes the silence, the calm of the ocean and water really, the vast expanse out, easy to forget about the petty crap we argue about here.


Not uh, assdick!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Simpsonville, S.C.
Twinsen wrote:
Hey, that's a smile. I seen it.

BWT wrote:
Some of us have jobs, and some of us design suppressors, shoot MG's, and go on fishing trips all day. :lol:

Hahaha, great catch. I bet it's nice to be out there. Sometimes the silence, the calm of the ocean and water really, the vast expanse out, easy to forget about the petty crap we argue about here.


Not uh, assdick!


I love you. :lol:

I almost pointed out, it looks like... Oh my god... We've got a photo of I think Robert Smiling.

If we get a video of him laughing... There's no telling.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 1946
Location: OR
BWT wrote:
Some of us have jobs, and some of us design suppressors, shoot MG's, and go on fishing trips all day. :lol:

Hahaha, great catch. I bet it's nice to be out there. Sometimes the silence, the calm of the ocean and water really, the vast expanse out, easy to forget about the petty crap we argue about here.


Isn't that the truth, :lol: those fricking pricks !


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:53 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Berryville, AR
Nice catch!

I would try to find a way to freeze it so it doesn't turn dark on you. I have read that there is a way but it would probably take a proffesional packing company.


As far as the smile....it is logical to smile after catching a tuna like that!

_________________
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Simpsonville, S.C.
Poacher wrote:
Nice catch!

I would try to find a way to freeze it so it doesn't turn dark on you. I have read that there is a way but it would probably take a proffesional packing company.


As far as the smile....it is logical to smile after catching a tuna like that!


I think he smiles, he just doesn't smile for photos.

I think the forum just loves giving him hell about it.

:lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33981
Location: USA
I value the benefit of a smile. I don't appreciate them in photos. When I look at what I consider a good photo of someone, them smiling or not does not register with me one way or the other.


For example, that photo I took of Andrew with the Stripped Bass I think is a great photo for what it is (pose with fish photo). He is not smiling. It does not make it less of a great photo in my opinion. I like it how it is, and in fact that is why I pushed the shutter release.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 pm
Posts: 4670
Location: Artesia, NM
Great fish. I still haven't gotten my fishing license yet. I will be posting my trophies as soon as I catch them, but they won't be that big :shock:

_________________
CGS Group LLC
Silencers, firing devices/initiators/detonators, and custom precision rifles.

www.cgsgroup.com
[email protected]


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33981
Location: USA
MA does not require a license for fishing in the ocean.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 pm
Posts: 4670
Location: Artesia, NM
rsilvers wrote:
MA does not require a license for fishing in the ocean.


I wish CA was like that. I like fishing off the pier in the bay by using a my bait pole to bob some bait up and down while walking along the pier, hoping to disturb some fish that will bite the bait because of an intruder in its "area". I did this in Alaska and caught a baby Ling Cod (~18") off a 20 foot dock into an inlet with a little piece of salmon. I like to fish, but I don't eat seafood. I just give the fishes away when I catch them. When I see cooked tuna steaks they look really deep red in the center. Is that considered cooked "rare" or is it normal?

_________________
CGS Group LLC
Silencers, firing devices/initiators/detonators, and custom precision rifles.

www.cgsgroup.com
[email protected]


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33981
Location: USA
Red is rare and that is normal for fresh Tuna.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 am 
Offline
Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:41 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Ohio, Findlay
MMMmmmMMmmm Sushi....


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 am 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm
Posts: 1469
Location: indiana
I'm gettin ahi for lunch damnit.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:53 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Berryville, AR
flip wrote:
I'm gettin ahi for lunch damnit.


No kiddin this post has got me craving some fresh tuna, I may have to hit the shushi bar this weekend!

_________________
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 pm 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:53 pm
Posts: 1867
Location: Berryville, AR
paco ramirez wrote:
rsilvers wrote:
MA does not require a license for fishing in the ocean.


I wish CA was like that. I like fishing off the pier in the bay by using a my bait pole to bob some bait up and down while walking along the pier, hoping to disturb some fish that will bite the bait because of an intruder in its "area". I did this in Alaska and caught a baby Ling Cod (~18") off a 20 foot dock into an inlet with a little piece of salmon. I like to fish, but I don't eat seafood. I just give the fishes away when I catch them. When I see cooked tuna steaks they look really deep red in the center. Is that considered cooked "rare" or is it normal?


Paco,
I waited way to long in my life before a tried fresh tuna, do yourself a favor and go try it now so you won't miss out on years of good eats! If you like beef filet you will like fresh seared tuna.

_________________
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:29 pm 
Offline
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 7566
Location: Florida
You gonna make some sushi from it?On a side note about sushi,I have learned that fresh is not best because it needs to sit in the freezer/fridge,at a certain temp. for 3 days to kill off bacteria,the main drawback is that it makes the sushi look a bit different ,there is one chef who freezes them to 71 below and claims that the fish comes out looking better and fresher.I say this becasue I almost made my own tuna sashimi and sushi but Iwas gonna use fresh caught or buy from a store.

Great catch Silvers.(Lucky S.O.B.)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:23 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 am
Posts: 11
Great Tuna.
I have eaten tuna right of of the fillet knife before. It should be bled out and iced in seawater immediately. If kept very cold from catch to the house it is possible to freeze it in a bag full of water and still be in good shape for quite a while. This will work for blackfin and yellowfin around here anyway.
Keep up the good work!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 pm 
Offline
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 367
Northwest corner of stellwagon?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 35
Location: knee deep in the creek
rsilvers wrote:
For example, that photo I took of Andrew with the Stripped Bass I think is a great photo for what it is (pose with fish photo). He is not smiling.


Have him look at the fish, not the camera :wink:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off | Load: 0.57 ]