Ice fishing

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

tylermtech
Silent But Deadly

Ice fishing

Post by tylermtech »

I took my daughter out Ice fishing, we caught a small mouth and around 5 bluegill. I forgot to take pictures, but we had a great time!!

I seriously need to buy a fishing shelter and I would like to get a power auger. The ice was 2 feet thick today, that's tough to drill many holes with the hand auger.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I miss ice fishing. We never had ice that thick in the MidWest but when it gets over 10" or so drilling holes can be a pain. My boys always found it to be fun but when boredom set in they could always find things to do. If they couldn't or got cold then I'd have to time them to see how fast they could run to the far bank and back. Good times.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.

before the ice melt.

Post by * »

we caught some crappie in Feb...

tylermtech
Silent But Deadly

Post by tylermtech »

Nice!!

I wanted to get out 1 more time this year, but I'm afraid the Ice is a little thin now!!
woodstove
Silent Operator

Re: Ice fishing

Post by woodstove »

You'll never go wrong spending time fishing with kids. They learn patients ,a skill that could help feed them ,and special time with Dad!! Priceless.
If at first you don't succeed, RELOAD!!
Parker59

Post by Parker59 »

Nice
kains

Post by kains »

Enjoy the serene thrill of ice fishing, a winter pastime where anglers brave frozen lakes, drill holes in the ice, and patiently await the catch beneath. Bundle up, set your gear, and relish the unique Igggames experience of angling in the icy tranquility.