Which will be the most effective muzzle device?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kudu22, ECHOS

MSTN
Senior Silent Operator

Which will be the most effective muzzle device?

Post by MSTN »

Kane

Re: Which will be the most effective muzzle device?

Post by Kane »

I'm interested in the results. I have a MAMS, just haven't had time to install on my rifle. Currently sporting the SOCOM brake.
FFL/SOT
S&K Arms Co.
www.SKarms.com
[email protected]
MSTN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MSTN »

A very casual comparison of 5 RD at a time, three cycles each, outdoors, at high noon. No opportunity to observe flash. Note that all three have a 14.5" barrel. The results may well vary with barrel length.

The MAMS had an almost complete lack of muzzle movement but with more felt recoil than the others.

The SOCOM had the same lack of muzzle movement but almost zero felt recoil. It seemed to be slightly louder than the other two.

The MSTN QC brake felt like the SOCOM but quieter.

You can't mount a suppressor on the MSTN muzzle device. You can with the SOCOM or the MAMS.

I would not want to shoot any of them in rollover prone on gravel!
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I'd really like to see an evaluation of Benny Hill's 'Rolling Thunder' compensator. I know Benny, learned to shoot IPSC, in part, from him when I was a poor college student. Knowing him as I do, I know his product will work, I'd just like to know how WELL it really works.

ImageImage

What's unique about it is that the end user "tunes" it to their rifle. See that hole on the right side? The end user drills that. It could be on the left side, IF you are left handed. The end user is also instructed to drill out the top hole as needed.

Here's the tuning instructions posted on Brownell's web site: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1487 ... ompensator

OK, with or without Benny's comp, I'll be following this thread. It definitely has my attention.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

Going to go out on a limb and say Surefire given this is the Surefire forum.
Do I win a KAC SR-15E3 IWS Mod1 Carbine upper :D
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

MSTN wrote:A very casual comparison of 5 RD at a time, three cycles each, outdoors, at high noon. No opportunity to observe flash. Note that all three have a 14.5" barrel. The results may well vary with barrel length.

The MAMS had an almost complete lack of muzzle movement but with more felt recoil than the others.

The SOCOM had the same lack of muzzle movement but almost zero felt recoil. It seemed to be slightly louder than the other two.

The MSTN QC brake felt like the SOCOM but quieter.

You can't mount a suppressor on the MSTN muzzle device. You can with the SOCOM or the MAMS.

I would not want to shoot any of them in rollover prone on gravel!
This is why I refuse to run a brake. After a VTAC Streetfighter course in the mud, I have re-doubled my resolutions. Those "tank" style brakes like the SF being fired from roll-over prone? LOL!