New 300 BLK can rumors

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kudu22, ECHOS

mut1g3r

New 300 BLK can rumors

Post by mut1g3r »

I have seen 2 mentions of a can being made specifically for 300 blk after some digging. Anyone know anything about it/rumors? I would love to get one sometime in 2015.
Kudu22
Silent But Deadly

Re: New 300 BLK can rumors

Post by Kudu22 »

It is true. It is coming very..very soon. We have been doing a good number of demos with it and even Silencershop guys have shot it twice now. It is on one of their videos where they are banging rounds down range but he doesn't mention it. It was a teaser with the rounds being stupid quiet.
Garin Lee
Surefire Suppressor Marketing Manager
[email protected]
mut1g3r

Post by mut1g3r »

Awesome. I have been waiting for this. Thank you! I'm guessing it will be announced at Shot Show 2015? If you ever need some more testing done... I know of a guy :mrgreen: Can't wait to pick this up
CharlieBravo
Silent Operator

Re: New 300 BLK can rumors CONFIRMED

Post by CharlieBravo »

And here's the link:

http://www.surefire.com/socom300-sps-2. ... COM300SPSl

Looks very promising indeed. Wonder why no titanium?
moreguns

Post by moreguns »

This is the one that I want to use for a 300 blackout SPR build. It will also go on my 556 AARs
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

From the link;
Caliber
7.62 mm (.308 caliber)

Ammo Type
300 Black Out (subsonic & supersonic), .308, 300 Win Mag, 5.56 mm

Length
8.0 inches

Weight
20.3 ounces

Diameter
1.5 inches
Sounds like it is a general purpose 30 caliber can if it is rated up to a 300 win mag. I'm going to make one for my 300 whisper that will weigh less than a pound. I already made one for any 30 caliber rifle and it weighs about 23 ounces.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly

Post by iron.maiden »

Features
Highly specialized V-shaped baffles provide unprecedented levels of sound attenuation for a .30 caliber suppressor

''specialized V-shaped baffles = ....cone baffles ? opposite view of a V , early in surefire website they used to say that cone baffles are unsafe expressing it with a drawing , now...safe mode is sacrificed for the sound reduction ? i think it worth ...where is the pleasure without a good sound reduction ? that's why the cans are made ..
moreguns

Post by moreguns »

Who has this can in stock?
Shootsmith

Post by Shootsmith »

Silencer Shop is supposed to post a review video Monday 11/9
Shootsmith

Post by Shootsmith »

SureFire SOCOM 300SPS
https://youtu.be/o1xKaS7hAKY
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Couldn't find if it is user serviceable or not.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

So it's longer, heavier, and louder than the Omega... But it's the "best".
smullen

Post by smullen »

So has anyone (other than SilencerShop) got one of these 300SPS in their hands yet??? Thoughts????

Really close to pulling the trigger on one...

What are the Shortest barrel lengths its rated/recommended for???

5.56 ???
.300blk ???
.308 ???

I think I asked this somewhere else, but never got an answer on this question...

I am planning on putting a .300Blk SBR together here soon and this can will be mostly for it, but will see usage on other rifles as well...
LARUEMINATI
NRA Life Endowment Member
Shootsmith

Post by Shootsmith »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Couldn't find if it is user serviceable or not.
Like the other SOCOM series, not user serviceable.
smullen

Post by smullen »

Hate to bring back a dead thread, but I though it better than starting a new one....

So anyone got their hands on these???

Reports, Reviews, user vids???

I'm hoping to order a can for a 300Blk in the next week or so and I am kinda leaning towards this, but not 100%....

I'm happy with my 556-RC and love the mounting system. I also like the fact that if I go with the 300SPS, it should be backwards compatible too all my other rifles that have S.F. Socom brakes...

I plan on using it on a 9.5" 300 Blk AR and at least one Bolt in .308, maybe a bolt in 300 blk too...

Still wondering how does it compare with the Omega????
LARUEMINATI
domestique

Post by domestique »

smullen wrote:Hate to bring back a dead thread, but I though it better than starting a new one....

I'm hoping to order a can for a 300Blk in the next week or so and I am kinda leaning towards this, but not 100%....

I'm happy with my 556-RC and love the mounting system. I also like the fact that if I go with the 300SPS, it should be backwards compatible too all my other rifles that have S.F. Socom brakes...

I plan on using it on a 9.5" 300 Blk AR and at least one Bolt in .308, maybe a bolt in 300 blk too...

Unfortunately both are in ATF purgatory at the moment. I should have the Omega in a couple weeks, but won't have the 300 SPS until May-June.

If you already own SF mounts then the 300 SPS is pretty tempting. If you want the shortest and lightest between the two, then the Omega is the way to go (6.2" and 14oz) with the direct thread mount and flat end cap. I plan on using the Omega in this configuration for my wife's 300blk SBR.

I haven't been able to find any user videos on the 300 SPS, just first hand accounts of people really loving the sound reduction.

Just double check that the 300 SPS will be able to work with all the barrel lengths you are running. It isn't as strong as the Socom762-RC series as only the blast baffle is inconel.
smullen

Post by smullen »

domestique wrote:
smullen wrote:Hate to bring back a dead thread, but I though it better than starting a new one....

Unfortunately both are in ATF purgatory at the moment. I should have the Omega in a couple weeks, but won't have the 300 SPS until May-June.

If you already own SF mounts then the 300 SPS is pretty tempting. If you want the shortest and lightest between the two, then the Omega is the way to go (6.2" and 14oz) with the direct thread mount and flat end cap. I plan on using the Omega in this configuration for my wife's 300blk SBR.

I haven't been able to find any user videos on the 300 SPS, just first hand accounts of people really loving the sound reduction.

Just double check that the 300 SPS will be able to work with all the barrel lengths you are running. It isn't as strong as the Socom762-RC series as only the blast baffle is inconel.
Good idea... Any idea where I could get that info??? I emailed Kudu, I think was his name an posted that question in a few places, but never got anything useful... :)
LARUEMINATI
DirkHelmut

Post by DirkHelmut »

smullen wrote:
domestique wrote:

Good idea... Any idea where I could get that info??? I emailed Kudu, I think was his name an posted that question in a few places, but never got anything useful... :)
Smullen, I've seen your other posts and will try to answer your questions here.

Garin Lee (Kudu22) is no longer with Surefire so that's prob why you've not seen a response from him or a Surefire Rep.

I am a dealer for Surefire and have had a stocking order for the 300SPS in place since January. I was told in February the cans would be back-ordered 30 days plus 60 days for ATF approval. Following up again this week I was told yesterday the suppressors would be allocated to my January order next month and the Form 3 submitted at that time with a tentative ship date toward the end of July. Other dealers are experiencing this too. I'd continue to follow up with Surefire dealers in your state and buy one once it is in stock.

I have a 300SPS in hand personally (ordered January 2015) and like it a lot. I also have the 7.62RC and 7.62Mini as well. I have shot them all on my 300blk (9" & 16" AR's and Ruger RARR Bolt) and 308 16" semi rifles. To me, the SPS is quieter on my blackout rifles especially when shooting subs. While the 7.62RC works well with blackout the SPS, in my opinion, is quieter. The SPS and 7.62RC sound the same to me on the 308. I will shoot the 7.62mini on 5.56, 300SPS on Blackout, and 7.62RC on 308Win. I have no experience with the Omega can so I cannot offer any input.

Good luck with your decision.
smullen

Post by smullen »

DirkHelmut wrote:
smullen wrote:

Smullen, I've seen your other posts and will try to answer your questions here.

Garin Lee (Kudu22) is no longer with Surefire so that's prob why you've not seen a response from him or a Surefire Rep.

I am a dealer for Surefire and have had a stocking order for the 300SPS in place since January. I was told in February the cans would be back-ordered 30 days plus 60 days for ATF approval. Following up again this week I was told yesterday the suppressors would be allocated to my January order next month and the Form 3 submitted at that time with a tentative ship date toward the end of July. Other dealers are experiencing this too. I'd continue to follow up with Surefire dealers in your state and buy one once it is in stock.

I have a 300SPS in hand personally (ordered January 2015) and like it a lot. I also have the 7.62RC and 7.62Mini as well. I have shot them all on my 300blk (9" & 16" AR's and Ruger RARR Bolt) and 308 16" semi rifles. To me, the SPS is quieter on my blackout rifles especially when shooting subs. While the 7.62RC works well with blackout the SPS, in my opinion, is quieter. The SPS and 7.62RC sound the same to me on the 308. I will shoot the 7.62mini on 5.56, 300SPS on Blackout, and 7.62RC on 308Win. I have no experience with the Omega can so I cannot offer any input.

Good luck with your decision.
I really want the 300SPS... I'm just so tired of waiting... I don't know how much longer I can hold onto my cash... :) I think this weekend I'll go pester my guy a bit more and tell him too keep on it.... I wonder if he'd take a pre-payment or 50% down or something... Just a though... I guess by then, I won't have to worry about the sign off hassles because of the changes.... :)

Thanks again...

If you get a chance, get some vids of that 300 for us to drool over.... :)
LARUEMINATI
DirkHelmut

Post by DirkHelmut »

I'd suggest contacting the Surefire dealers near you to see if they have them on order.
http://www.surefire.com/dealer-locator
If you find one who does, perhaps you can put a deposit down or buy one to secure the can once it arrives. If your guy is not direct with Surefire then he will need to source through a distributor which will take even longer to arrive.
smullen

Post by smullen »

DirkHelmut wrote:I'd suggest contacting the Surefire dealers near you to see if they have them on order.
http://www.surefire.com/dealer-locator
If you find one who does, perhaps you can put a deposit down or buy one to secure the can once it arrives. If your guy is not direct with Surefire then he will need to source through a distributor which will take even longer to arrive.

Good idea, will do...
LARUEMINATI