Outback II core upgrade

Company specific discussions and announcements.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Outback II core upgrade

Post by mbogo »

Who has had it done?

What is your opinion of the results?

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Re: Outback II core upgrade

Post by mk23 »

I did a one piece upgrade.

Not bad, not great. My original Outback II was pretty full of lead, so I didn't have much to loose.

Finish is different than the original, so is the OD, so it looks a bit odd.

Pretty loud FRP, after that it sounds decent.

Not nearly as good as say my Sparrow, but do not regret doing it.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thanks. I was considering the upgrade over buying another can. If HPA passes, the difference in cost of the upgrade vs. a new can will be pretty small.

Did you notice any appreciable noise reduction over the original core?

mbogo
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Kinda hard to say...

The old one was pretty leaded up. (like more than 15k rounds through it)

Didn't shoot them back to back, also own other better cans now...

I don't know I would say it sounded any better than the original stack when fresh...

I would not do it expecting a performance upgrade, if that makes sense.

As i said, I did it because I didn't have much to loose... Plus now it comes apart.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thank you.

mbogo
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

I have the Outback II's which can be taken apart for cleaning. Got them in titanium tubing on some special Silencer Shop sale a couple years ago. I also have the new Gemtech GM-22 which is what your Outback will really be after recoring. It will be a monocore and I don't really like monocores because of the first round pop... just what I need if I ever have to go Ninja against the Zombies is my first round being loud... Same as the GM-45 I own...
If you have the original outback that can't open for cleaning then sending it in to Gemtech for the recore is one answer. There are at least tow or three guys out there who have manufactures licenses and will open your old outback and either clean or replace all the old baffles and leave you with a removable end cap so you can now clean it your self. I don't like monocores unless they are made by Liberty Suppressors... they seem to have it down...
Google "suppressor recore" or "jailbreak suppressor" to find people who legally do it. I'm going to send in a 1980's Huge AWC MK-9A tube in to have something something done to it. My Liberty Mystic X or Liberty Cosmic supremely outperforms the old technology on my registered MP5 at half the size!

George

Too many to list....
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Gemtech no longer cleans the Outback II (you must have a II-D) and Stalking Rhino Industries has suspended jail-breaking of used suppressors.

I could find no references to anyone beside SRI jail-breaking these cans; if you know of someone, please send me a PM with their name(s)..

My Q El Camino stamp should be approved shortly, and that will become my primary rimfire can.

mbogo
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

mbogo wrote:Gemtech no longer cleans the Outback II (you must have a II-D) and Stalking Rhino Industries has suspended jail-breaking of used suppressors.

I could find no references to anyone beside SRI jail-breaking these cans; if you know of someone, please send me a PM with their name(s)..

My Q El Camino stamp should be approved shortly, and that will become my primary rimfire can.

mbogo
Try tbasuppressors.com just visited their page and they do jailbreaks and recoring.... I'll let you know if i stumble across any more..

George

I have lots of stuffs
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thank you! I've sent Todd an e-mail.

mbogo