GMT-300Blk

Company specific discussions and announcements.
DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

GMT-300Blk

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Does anyone have one of these yet? I have searched around and have been unable to find one for sale yet. Looks pretty good for 300blk. I certainly don't need another can, but was interested in seeing if anyone had any experience with one.
Akowtko

Re: GMT-300Blk

Post by Akowtko »

I have a buddy who recently purchased one. I run my HVT-QD for super and subs in 300 blk. His didn't seem any quieter than my HVT. Only plus side to it was the length was shorter.
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

So I was asking technical questions about my Quicksand to tech at Gemtech and inquired about gmt300 and they told me that the quicksand is a quieter can. Straight from the horses mouth. They said that none had yet shipped at the time but they made them in response to all the guns like Leonidas and the AAC integral that is supposed to come out one day. It's lighter than the quicksand and looks cool.
Akowtko

Post by Akowtko »

chickenlips wrote:So I was asking technical questions about my Quicksand to tech at Gemtech and inquired about gmt300 and they told me that the quicksand is a quieter can. Straight from the horses mouth. They said that none had yet shipped at the time but they made them in response to all the guns like Leonidas and the AAC integral that is supposed to come out one day. It's lighter than the quicksand and looks cool.
When did you talk to them? I just confirmed with him that it is indeed a gemtech blackout can
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

GMT-300 is a 3oo blk can but it has a smaller internal volume than a qicksand/hvtqd. they were honest with me when I was interested in purchasing the new mono core suppressor that there would be no sound performance improvement over the can I already have (quicksand). The can is shorter and maybe a little fatter. so it matches an AR-15 hand guard with a more trim look. It would also be easier and cheaper to produce with only 2 parts and no welds.
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

Oh yeah, I spoke to Gemtech right before the first GMT-300 shipped. And it's probably a good suppressor, Shorter and lighter just not any quieter than Quicksand.
msup752

Post by msup752 »

Freedom Firearms in MI has a couple in stock. They are located just a few miles West of Jackson where Gemtech is based.

http://www.freedomfirearms-online.com/p ... or-gmt-300

That is one expensive suppressor!
Parkus412

Post by Parkus412 »

It is, especially since their new db drop is 28 as opposed to 39 (which is why i bought). Waiting on mine to get ATF approved and really pissed about the new claim. Dropped $900 on can and $200 on stamp for a 28 db drop. Knowing now, 6 weeks after purchase, would have bought a more versatile can. Their explanation "we used mil test specs. and found a 28db drop". WTF, why weren't those specs. used before making the 39 db claim?

I hate doing business with companies like that and will NEVER buy another Gtech product again.

CC
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Parkus412 wrote:It is, especially since their new db drop is 28 as opposed to 39 (which is why i bought). Waiting on mine to get ATF approved and really pissed about the new claim. Dropped $900 on can and $200 on stamp for a 28 db drop. Knowing now, 6 weeks after purchase, would have bought a more versatile can. Their explanation "we used mil test specs. and found a 28db drop". WTF, why weren't those specs. used before making the 39 db claim?

I hate doing business with companies like that and will NEVER buy another Gtech product again.

CC
Have you told your FFL that you want to change your purchase based upon the fraudulent claims? They SHOULD let you get your preferred model and cancel your F4, then reapply w new SN.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
GrendelHunter

Post by GrendelHunter »

Ill start with saying i know this is an older thread but am hoping someone can share some knowledge with me.

Im new to the suppressor game. Well long story short I got one of these first. Woops?

Im looking to suppress a couple gas guns AR's to be exact. A 5.56 or 3 with thread adapters, 300 blk, and a 6.5 grendal. Now the 300 blk is a no brainer purpose built boom. The 556 in 16" barrels I don't see an issue with same/similar chamber pressure smaller bullet diam but more velocity.
The 18" barrel 6.5 grendal is my concern lower chamber pressure (52k max) .264 vs .308ish closer to the 2500fps mark, but a little more case complicity.

1) Dose anyone on here have one?
2) Have you put it on anything other than a 300 blk? If so what?
3) What are your opinions of it in the field and on the range?
Life is full of moments all you can do is role with it and plan for the best!

2 children home - AAC 762-sdn-6 and Gemtech GMT-300-blk
1 can in jail :roll: - 22cal Something