Gemtech Outback baffles

Company specific discussions and announcements.
bigfish3

Gemtech Outback baffles

Post by bigfish3 »

Somewhere on this site I saw some information about anodizing the aluminum baffles in the little Gemtech.

Can the baffles be cerakoted to achieve the same result?

The anodizing was suggested to preserve the baffles during repeated cleanings. Evidently the solvents in common use damage the material.

I have not sent a round through mine yet, I want to keep it clean if cerakote is a possibility in the very immediate future.

I did send a message to the tech support folks on the Gemtech site but I have not received a response yet.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Gemtech Outback baffles

Post by Bendersquint »

bigfish3 wrote:Somewhere on this site I saw some information about anodizing the aluminum baffles in the little Gemtech.

Can the baffles be cerakoted to achieve the same result?

The anodizing was suggested to preserve the baffles during repeated cleanings. Evidently the solvents in common use damage the material.

I have not sent a round through mine yet, I want to keep it clean if cerakote is a possibility in the very immediate future.

I did send a message to the tech support folks on the Gemtech site but I have not received a response yet.
There is nothing that can be added to the current baffles that will protect your current baffles from the harsh chemicals you want to use. Cerakote changes the tolerances more than anodizing, to the point that and you may never get the baffles out. Anodizing doesn't changes the tolerance enough to be a real problem.
bigfish3

Re: Gemtech Outback baffles

Post by bigfish3 »

Thanks!

I am glad I didn't do anything until I posted here.

Off to the Range!!