Gemtech LID Dimemsions

Company specific discussions and announcements.
millsusaf

Gemtech LID Dimemsions

Post by millsusaf »

Can someone please measure their LID? I specifically need the OAL and the measurement from the shoulder (bottom of the dimpled part) to the end of the LlD. Thanks
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Gemtech LID Dimemsions

Post by Bendersquint »

millsusaf wrote:Can someone please measure their LID? I specifically need the OAL and the measurement from the shoulder (bottom of the dimpled part) to the end of the LlD. Thanks
I am not sure you will get much help asking for proprietary information in the manufacturers forum.
millsusaf

Post by millsusaf »

Bendersquint wrote:
millsusaf wrote:Can someone please measure their LID? I specifically need the OAL and the measurement from the shoulder (bottom of the dimpled part) to the end of the LlD. Thanks
I am not sure you will get much help asking for proprietary information in the manufacturers forum.
It is a length measurement, it is hardly proprietary. I'm trying to use their product to build a form 1 can.
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

Are you threading the tube directly (the LID will hold the baffles in) or will there be some sort of threaded insert in the tube that keeps the baffles in and then is threaded for the LID? If I understand correctly, the LID in the latter situation would not comprise part of the suppressor OAL since at that point the suppressor module (and baffles) are self contained and the LID becomes an accessory at that point. If the LID holds the baffles and other guts in, I think it needs to be accounted for as an integral part of the silencer and part of the OAL.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities