Tax Free Can Poll...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Which can(s)...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

G5
11%
Multi Mount
36%
Raptor
2%
Sandstorm
25%
Other can, but I gotta pay the tax
25%

Total votes: 44

Farmall

Re: Tax Free Can Poll...

Post by Farmall »

Has anyone called to check the status on their gemtax can?
shotdown
Silent Operator

Post by shotdown »

I went with the Multimount. My papers were just sent in to the ATF. :D
http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1484.png
sniper134spd

Post by sniper134spd »

I got an email from Gemtech saying that they forwarded my stuff to the BATF on 4/30/2010 for the Multimount.
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Got a post card from Gemtech dated June 8 saying they got my "qualifying" form 4 and it with the check to BATFEXYZ were mailed the same day.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Big Bore Lover wrote:Got a post card from Gemtech dated June 8 saying they got my "qualifying" form 4 and it with the check to BATFEXYZ were mailed the same day.

I got one too around that time, but did your can arrive at your dealer before you sent in the Forms? My dealer has not received my can yet.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I find this deal amazing, some received emails, some postcards, my paperwork is in at the ATF and my dealer still does not have my can. Time to call Gemtech.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Shouldn't it be close to time to start receiving some stamps back? (fingers crossed).

Every time my phone rings I hope to see Major Malfunction on my caller I.D.
Ray Barnes
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ray Barnes »

Farmall wrote:Shouldn't it be close to time to start receiving some stamps back? (fingers crossed).

Some form 4 transfers are taking up to 6 months.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Ray Barnes wrote:
Farmall wrote:Shouldn't it be close to time to start receiving some stamps back? (fingers crossed).

Some form 4 transfers are taking up to 6 months.
Thanks for that ray of sunshine. I'll prolly be on the 6 month side of things.
Hellbent

Post by Hellbent »

FWIW, received my MM9 (ordered during the promo) last weekend 7/3....

(And it was an in-stock on dealer's shelves unit...)

My notice from Gemtech stated they had submitted the form 4 on 4/29, I believe...
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Kramer wrote:
Big Bore Lover wrote:Got a post card from Gemtech dated June 8 saying they got my "qualifying" form 4 and it with the check to BATFEXYZ were mailed the same day.

I got one too around that time, but did your can arrive at your dealer before you sent in the Forms? My dealer has not received my can yet.
Yep, my can was at the dealer before the form was sent in. Dealer said he had to have the can in hand to do the paperwork and I had no prob with that.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Big Bore Lover wrote: Yep, my can was at the dealer before the form was sent in. Dealer said he had to have the can in hand to do the paperwork and I had no prob with that.

Lucky you that your can was at the dealer before you sent the form in. My dealer gave me a copy of the Form 3 so I could fill in the paperwork and then he said to send it in before the June 15th deadline or they would not pay for the tax.

On a better note, my dealer called about my can and a couple others from the tax deal and they finally sent them to him. I checked out my sandstorm and it looks great plus the transfer is in a full month so hopefully it should take about a month or so left for approval.
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Still waiting. Lets see now. Gemtech said the paperwork went to BATFEXYZ on June 8. I talked to NFA branch on 7/13 and the kind lady told me my paperwork had just been assigned to an examiner on that very day so it was PENDING. So somewhere between June 10/11/12 maybe and July 13 the paperwork just sat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I love how efficient our Gvt is. Now it seems that patience just might be a virtue.................................
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Big Bore Lover wrote:Still waiting. Lets see now. Gemtech said the paperwork went to BATFEXYZ on June 8. I talked to NFA branch on 7/13 and the kind lady told me my paperwork had just been assigned to an examiner on that very day so it was PENDING. So somewhere between June 10/11/12 maybe and July 13 the paperwork just sat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I love how efficient our Gvt is. Now it seems that patience just might be a virtue.................................

Mine went in the same day but it went pending on 7/9...a month just sitting around! Maybe it had somthing to do with hundred or so sets of Form 4s being sent in a couple of priority mail boxes?
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Kramer wrote:
Big Bore Lover wrote:Still waiting. Lets see now. Gemtech said the paperwork went to BATFEXYZ on June 8. I talked to NFA branch on 7/13 and the kind lady told me my paperwork had just been assigned to an examiner on that very day so it was PENDING. So somewhere between June 10/11/12 maybe and July 13 the paperwork just sat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I love how efficient our Gvt is. Now it seems that patience just might be a virtue.................................

Mine went in the same day but it went pending on 7/9...a month just sitting around! Maybe it had somthing to do with hundred or so sets of Form 4s being sent in a couple of priority mail boxes?

Maybe...............................................
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Here we go,
Just got a call from my dealer and the paperwork just showed up today so off to pick up da can I goes. Good luck with yours folks.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Picked up my Sandstorm today...

6-8 Received by ATF...
7-9 Pending...
8-16 Approved
Overton-AR
Silent Operator

Post by Overton-AR »

G5 for me. It was my first suppressor, now I am currently waiting for my 4th. :shock: This stuff is addictive.

Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Dude, cans are like potato chips...you just can't stop!
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

I finally got to pick up my Tax promo Multi-mount last week. Works great.

Thanks Gemtech for the great promo.