Tax Free Can Poll...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Which can(s)...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

G5
11%
Multi Mount
36%
Raptor
2%
Sandstorm
25%
Other can, but I gotta pay the tax
25%

Total votes: 44

Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Tax Free Can Poll...

Post by Kramer »

Which Gemtech can(s) did you guys order? I have a Sandstorm coming. :)
snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipersubsonic »

i would have bought the Trek in SS. but not offered.
Jeremy
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Thought hard about the sandstorm, however I've already got two .308 cans. Put the coin toward a new .308 rifle instead.
sousa

Post by sousa »

I got a MultiMount!
sniper134spd

Post by sniper134spd »

I had to go with the Multimount, too many 9mm's not to.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Went with the multimount. I wonder how many cans found new homes in the 2 week period.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Farmall wrote:Went with the multimount. I wonder how many cans found new homes in the 2 week period.
Gemtech has sold out on all but one Can model from what I know of on OTHER forums ( In house stock ) so i'm guessing they are paying out the ASS for these few weeks.

Good for them. Next year I plan on waiting for their announcement and buying something on the list, even if it's a duplicate of what I got now. I could always use TWO multimounts.
www.cop-talk.net
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

TX-Leo wrote: Good for them. Next year I plan on waiting for their announcement and buying something on the list, even if it's a duplicate of what I got now. I could always use TWO multimounts.
I might do the same thing...I have a Trinity (multi mount) but I could use another!

From some numbers that saw on facebook and a picture of their shelf (before the sale) on one of the boards they must have sold a bit over a hundred cans.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

I hope they do it next year also. I'll be buying again for sure.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Kramer wrote:
TX-Leo wrote: Good for them. Next year I plan on waiting for their announcement and buying something on the list, even if it's a duplicate of what I got now. I could always use TWO multimounts.
I might do the same thing...I have a Trinity (multi mount) but I could use another!

From some numbers that saw on facebook and a picture of their shelf (before the sale) on one of the boards they must have sold a bit over a hundred cans.
Yeah at least that much. And, of course thats not including what was in stock at all the dealer locations too.

I'm sure its a writeoff on taxes for them, but still it's good PR for good products.
www.cop-talk.net
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

TX-Leo wrote: And, of course thats not including what was in stock at all the dealer locations too.

My dealer said that the tax free was only good for the cans instock at Gemtech and that it did not apply to his stock.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

My dealer said that the tax free was only good for the cans instock at Gemtech and that it did not apply to his stock.
It sounds like your dealer cost himself a sale
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Farmall wrote:

He did not lose any sales, it's just that Gemtech told him that the tax free deal was ONLY for supressors ordered from THEIR inventory and not the inventory that HE had on hand.

He has multi mounts in stock that he could have sold but had to order more MM from Gemtech to satisfy the tax free orders.

I ordered a Sandstorm, but that can he usually does not stock.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

Kramer wrote:
Farmall wrote:

He did not lose any sales, it's just that Gemtech told him that the tax free deal was ONLY for supressors ordered from THEIR inventory and not the inventory that HE had on hand.

He has multi mounts in stock that he could have sold but had to order more MM from Gemtech to satisfy the tax free orders.

I ordered a Sandstorm, but that can he usually does not stock.

Ohh. My bad, I misinterpreted the promo then. I thought it was for any can on the list purchased new.

ETA:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=312066

Here’s how to take advantage of the 2010 Gemtax promo:

1. Purchase a qualifying GEMTECH suppressor from your favorite FFL/SOT dealer between April 15 and April 30th and Gemtech will pay your $200 NFA Transfer tax for you!
www.cop-talk.net
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

So then the question becomes, who was lying, Gemtech or the dealer?
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Diomed wrote:So then the question becomes, who was lying, Gemtech or the dealer?
My dealer has no reason to lie, he normally stocks multi mounts and would have prefered to move his stock first and clear them out, then order more in to satisfy orders and stock needs. He usually keeps MM, outbacks, blacksides, and M4-02 on hand.
fstbk65
Silent But Deadly

Post by fstbk65 »

I had a Multimount on order but then switched it to a Trident. After buying the mounts I wanted and the tax it wasn't that much more but quiter and stainless blast baffle.

It's a great marketing idea and it made me jump in and go ahead and order my next can.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tax Free Can Poll...

Post by Kramer »

It's 3+ weeks, did anybodys tax free cans show up at their dealer yet?
sonmtn
Silent Operator

Post by sonmtn »

I missed the boat on this one ordered mine too late :(
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

My Sandstorm just showed up today. Paperwork tomorrow and going into the mail to Gemtech in the A.M.
I am stoked.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I already owned 2 of the 4 cans offered, and didn't want the other 2.

Maybe next year they'll do a deal on the take-apart .22 can :)
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Big Bore Lover wrote:My Sandstorm just showed up today. Paperwork tomorrow and going into the mail to Gemtech in the A.M.
I am stoked.

What day in April was yours ordered? I hope that mine gets here soon.
snaz567

Re:

Post by snaz567 »

Kramer wrote:
TX-Leo wrote: And, of course thats not including what was in stock at all the dealer locations too.

I bought mine thru a dealer that had it in stock. Gemtech sent me a confirmation email saying that they had just put in a check and fowarded my forms to the NFA this morning. They way I read the Promo offer, it was what your dealer had instock and that they had set aside a certain inventory for dealer orders as well. So that's what I did, and they paid the tax.

Here's a quote from Kel on ARFCOM:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=312066

Small Print #2: Ok, so you're thinking "Wow, I don't mind spending money with a good-guy, independent, American firearms company like Gemtech, and it sure chaps my butt to give another red cent to the government, so I think I'm going to run down to my local FFL/SOT and get on this unique opportunity today"...

…but your dealer doesn't have one in stock! Crap! What do you do now? (Suggest politely to your dealer that he should keep more on his shelves!)

Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Ordered on April 17.
Kramer wrote:
Big Bore Lover wrote:My Sandstorm just showed up today. Paperwork tomorrow and going into the mail to Gemtech in the A.M.
I am stoked.

What day in April was yours ordered? I hope that mine gets here soon.
Thwik

Post by Thwik »

I went with the multimount. Been wanting a 9mm can for awhile - perfect time to get one