Outback inert display fake can

Company specific discussions and announcements.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Outback inert display fake can

Post by psp7 »

Are the $35 fake Outback cans that Gemtech sells with no baffles of the same parts as the real NFA Outback product many of us have? Meaning is the aluminum tube, rear mount and end cap all in place by locktite as our sealed NFA Outbacks? If so, I though it may be a good idea to have one of these fake units for extra parts in case of an end cap strike. Or are these fake units made of cheap heavy steel and the end caps welded?
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Re: Outback inert display fake can

Post by srt-4_uk »

Even if it was the same as the real thing, you cant replace the tube. That is the part that carries the serial number.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Even if it would work, you're not allowed to have 'extra parts' for a silencer. Stupid, but that's how the law works right now.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

I'm aware of the serialized tube being my registered part that cant be replaced thanks to the Gemtax-AAC childish behavior, but just as I can order an extra rear mount for a Muti-mount, blackside, Osprey piston etc, I would think an end cap from a fake Outback wouldnt be a problem of possession if I had a baffle strike on my Outback to replace. So, are these fake cans welded shut or threaded and locktited?
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

I seriously doubt that it's even close to the same parts. If it was then even without baffles it would still reduce the sound from the internal volume and the rear endcap being shaped like a baffle, therefore making it a silencer in the eyes of the ATF.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

psp7 wrote:I'm aware of the serialized tube being my registered part that cant be replaced thanks to the stupid bureaucrats at the ATF looking to limit or freedoms by creating random, arbitrary rules, but just as I can order an extra rear mount for a Muti-mount, blackside, Osprey piston etc, I would think an end cap from a fake Outback wouldnt be a problem of possession if I had a baffle strike on my Outback to replace. So, are these fake cans welded shut or threaded and locktited?
Fixed it for you.
Place blame where blame is due. Damn revenuers.

Also, a lot of the fake cans are just bored out aluminum cylinders. So, it may be just block of AL, not a tube and end caps.
The issue is that (because of the ATF) anything that reduces the sound AT ALL is a silencer. A simple tube will do that. So, even a tube with two end caps with enough volume will be a "silencer" albeit a crappy one. So, fake cans are pretty much solid.