Nano and Abraxas Success! Finally!

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

montage11

Nano and Abraxas Success! Finally!

Post by montage11 »

I have a Nano and an Abraxas...i love them both. i have finally found a gun formula that both function GREAT ON.
Both work on an M&P-9 pro with a 5" storm lake barrel with a factory 16lbs spring and a full magazine.
I am switching to a 14 pound Glock spring and Guide rob for increased margin of reliability. I have fought hard
and spent lots of money on barrels trying to get them to be reliable enough for self defense use, and i have finally won!
The M&P pro(5" long slide versions), have a barrel long enough that the barrel doesn't have to tilt as much to unlock and cycle.
I would think that a Glock 34 (long slide 9mm), would also be a candidate for these cans, but havent confirmed this.
To get these micro cans to work on the Glock and M&P has been a challenge. The M&P-9 pro was immediately reliable with
subsonics and would lock the slide to the rear on the last shot. The same ammo and same Pro barrel was used in the 4.25 fullsize
and it had an immediate jam...as usual...yes and it did it with the facory threaded 4.25" barrel too. i have been at this for over a year
trying to get reliability from these 2 platforms. OH....do NOT fill them 100% with ablative(vaseline!) to try to increase backpressure...it actually
bulged my Abraxas body a little and it doesn't make it reliable or more quiet. If you are having problems with these cans on your platform...consider running supersonic +P ammo.
The supersonic ammo is typically hotter and the 124 and 147 +P ammo will be much quieter with the can than without and you will have reliable semi auto function on a wider variety
of guns....even though its supersonic. The threaded pro is a successful recipe...your mileage may vary...but this is what i am going with and will never again put it on a fullsize or smaller Glock or M&P.

BYW: here is how i get the cans wet: i insert the nipple of the wire pulling gel into the threaded end of silencer and i squirt a healthy dose of it in there....then i wrap my fist around the mouth, careful
not to get any gel on on the outside of my fist...and blow on my fist to expel the excess...looks kind of perverse...but is quick and easy.

Another method...i use a ar15 gas tube...i push the gas block port side into the silencers front until its at the rear baffle...i then build up tape around the tube to mark its exact position and i can insert the tube
again quickly while its on the gun and it positions the port at exactly the same place each time...i then use the flip down tube on the wd40 oil(and white lithium spray), i insert the wd40 tube into the long horizontal
gas tube and fill up the silencer like that.

My first post ever online.
montage11

Re: Nano and Abraxas Success! Finally!

Post by montage11 »