NEW DTA Nano Titanium Suppressors

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

hjustein

Post by hjustein »

finn wrote:Kind of silly to put an 85g suppressor on a gun that weighs 1.5 kilos.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gdk6k_HJt8w/S427z ... jEt7GoS8E/
That is just badass. I plan on doing the same with my SP-01.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

hjustein wrote:
finn wrote:Kind of silly to put an 85g suppressor on a gun that weighs 1.5 kilos.
Buyer beware on the EFK barrel, it works but I'd look for other options if I had to do it again.
reaper1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by reaper1 »

ok where the hell do i get my p238 barrel threaded tornado tech still has not confirmed they will do it?
American Reaper Arms
FFL type 07 class II SOT.
Shelby Nebraska
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

finn wrote:
hjustein wrote:
Buyer beware on the EFK barrel, it works but I'd look for other options if I had to do it again.
+1 had a bad experience with EFK too. Run a search on these forums for them, elsewhere too for that matter.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
liquid
Silent Operator

Post by liquid »

how are the numbers on this compared to an evo 9 with the new core? this looks like it could be a nice match for my g26 or pm9.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

the "Other" site is supposed to test the Nano this weekend (April 3rd)
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

Will we get a heads up before they ship to us?
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

brazos609 wrote:Will we get a heads up before they ship to us?
Yes I will e-mail you before the go out.

Only hold up on the next batch of Nanos from being shipped out is I'm working on getting the tubes marked. The company that was doing my laser engraving increased the price they were want by a bunch so I had to fall back to plan B.

Anyways they will be going out ASAP.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

The last large batch of backordered Nanos will be shipping out this coming week. I will e-mail everyone with the their tracking number as soon as the suppressors ship.

The Nano suppressor is now back in stock and I will be taking orders again.

Dealers looking to stock the Nano e-mail me for pricing.
Last edited by James DeGroat on Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

James DeGroat wrote:The Nano suppressor is not back in stock and I will be taking orders again. Dealers looking to stock the Nano e-mail me for pricing.
Is that supposed to be not or now back in stock?
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

brazos609 wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:The Nano suppressor is not back in stock and I will be taking orders again. Dealers looking to stock the Nano e-mail me for pricing.
Is that supposed to be not or now back in stock?
Thanks I fixed it :oops:
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

BLACK XS
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLACK XS »

Thought I'd start off by saying how impressed I am with this can so-far (spec-wise). Just having a suppressor that can be used on varying caliber hosts is a godsend.

Had a few questions though: Mostly to narrow down my options. I live in WA, so even though I technically can't fire w/ one attached, I'm still of the belief that you should buy something once and get it right the first & only time. Note: I'm sorry if some of the questions come off as plain ol' stupid, but I'm an SD n00b, so be gentle haha

That being said, I was looking at your site last night and noticed that in comparison to the Mk line, no booster was shown on the any of the (nano) examples shown. Does this mean the can is light enough to cycle on say a Glock19 without the need for one?

Would it be safe to assume that due to the varying calibers it works with, that a 5.45x39 round could be run through it as well? (trying to find something that would ideally work w/ several of my current guns - and so far, the Nano seems untouchable)

Thanks!!!
-B
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

BLACK XS wrote:Thought I'd start off by saying how impressed I am with this can so-far (spec-wise). Just having a suppressor that can be used on varying caliber hosts is a godsend.

Had a few questions though: Mostly to narrow down my options. I live in WA, so even though I technically can't fire w/ one attached, I'm still of the belief that you should buy something once and get it right the first & only time. Note: I'm sorry if some of the questions come off as plain ol' stupid, but I'm an SD n00b, so be gentle haha

That being said, I was looking at your site last night and noticed that in comparison to the Mk line, no booster was shown on the any of the (nano) examples shown. Does this mean the can is light enough to cycle on say a Glock19 without the need for one?

Would it be safe to assume that due to the varying calibers it works with, that a 5.45x39 round could be run through it as well? (trying to find something that would ideally work w/ several of my current guns - and so far, the Nano seems untouchable)

Thanks!!!
-B
Glad you are impressed with the Nano.

You are correct the Nano is light enough that it doesn't need a booster to work with a Glock 19 and for that matter it works perfect on a Glock 26 as well as many other small frame pistols.

The Nano is made for pistol caliber rounds so that 5.45x39 would not be safe to fire with the Nano attached to the weapon.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

BLACK XS
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLACK XS »

Thanks for the quick response!

Haha I figured the 5.45 was a stretch

Can't wait to get one of these!! Thanks again
hjustein

Re: NEW DTA Nano Titanium Suppressors

Post by hjustein »

Just wanted to add my .02 as an owner of a Nano.

So far I have only used it on a Glock 17, and on that host it does indeed work absolutely fine unboosted. It also seems to reduce recoil and muzzle flip significantly which could be just due to the extra weight out front. Overall balance is only minimally effected due to the light weight of the can, and it is short enough that it should work fine in a custom OWB holster.

Wet and wiped it is impressively quiet for its size, absolutely hearing safe in my opinion. I have found that the wipes seem to last longer if a ~0.125" center hole is drilled in them. I have also found that firing hollowpoints through the wipe is fine as long as the center hole is larger than the hollowpoint of the bullet. Try this at your own risk of course. I would NOT fire a hollowpoint through an undrilled wipe, that is asking for trouble in my opinion, but YMMV. Accuracy seems mostly unaffected by the wipe, but that needs more testing to confirm.

The quality of the unit is outstanding. Before firing, I would put some antisieze on the threads as Ti can gall. I also recommend the left hand threads for those who have right hand twist barrels, it will keep the can from backing off the muzzle.

I'll get some video posted soon. I am absolutely in love with this can. I plan on threading some mouse guns for this thing as well, including a VZ.61 Skorpion.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

hjustein wrote:Just wanted to add my .02 as an owner of a Nano.

So far I have only used it on a Glock 17, and on that host it does indeed work absolutely fine unboosted. It also seems to reduce recoil and muzzle flip significantly which could be just due to the extra weight out front. Overall balance is only minimally effected due to the light weight of the can, and it is short enough that it should work fine in a custom OWB holster.

Wet and wiped it is impressively quiet for its size, absolutely hearing safe in my opinion. I have found that the wipes seem to last longer if a ~0.125" center hole is drilled in them. I have also found that firing hollowpoints through the wipe is fine as long as the center hole is larger than the hollowpoint of the bullet. Try this at your own risk of course. I would NOT fire a hollowpoint through an undrilled wipe, that is asking for trouble in my opinion, but YMMV. Accuracy seems mostly unaffected by the wipe, but that needs more testing to confirm.

The quality of the unit is outstanding. Before firing, I would put some antisieze on the threads as Ti can gall. I also recommend the left hand threads for those who have right hand twist barrels, it will keep the can from backing off the muzzle.

I'll get some video posted soon. I am absolutely in love with this can. I plan on threading some mouse guns for this thing as well, including a VZ.61 Skorpion.
Have you had a chance to fire any .32 ACP (7.65mm) rounds through your Nano yet? I'm curious about performance with this round as I'm considering a Nano for my Tomcat and PPK.
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Very nice review. I look forward to you pictures and videos.

Glad you are enjoying your Nano, be safe and have fun.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

FSCJedi wrote:

Have you had a chance to fire any .32 ACP (7.65mm) rounds through your Nano yet? I'm curious about performance with this round as I'm considering a Nano for my Tomcat and PPK.
Nope haven't fired any .32 acps but that round is just fine in the Nano.

I will post a picture soon of the Nano mounted to a PPK/S
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James DeGroat wrote:
FSCJedi wrote:

Nope haven't fired any .32 acps but that round is just fine in the Nano.

I will post a picture soon of the Nano mounted to a PPK/S
James, thanks for the reply. I know you had answered that question in my other thread, that's why I had asked hjustein if he'd done it with his since he stated he had a Skorpion. :wink: I do anxiously away the pic of the Nano mounted on a PPK/S, though!
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

hjustein

Post by hjustein »

Unfortunately I have not gotten around to threading my Skorpion yet.

One thing about pretty much all .32 Autos is that they are blowback guns so depending on the mass of the bolt/slide assembly, they may have significantly more action noise than a locked breech gun like the Glock.

I have fired some subsonic 124gr 9mm ammo that I made with basically the same amount of gunpowder that a .32 Auto cartridge would contain, and it is pretty damn quiet. ~1.7 gr of bullseye if I remember correctly...

FSCJedi wrote:

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

hjustein wrote:Unfortunately I have not gotten around to threading my Skorpion yet.

One thing about pretty much all .32 Autos is that they are blowback guns so depending on the mass of the bolt/slide assembly, they may have significantly more action noise than a locked breech gun like the Glock.

I have fired some subsonic 124gr 9mm ammo that I made with basically the same amount of gunpowder that a .32 Auto cartridge would contain, and it is pretty damn quiet. ~1.7 gr of bullseye if I remember correctly...
Hmm... I need to find someone who has suppressed a ppk or a tomcat... or any other .32 pocket pistol.

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James, any luck making to the range with the PPK/S yet to take some pics? :D

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

FSCJedi wrote:James, any luck making to the range with the PPK/S yet to take some pics? :D
A polished Nano on a PPK/S

James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James DeGroat wrote:
FSCJedi wrote:James, any luck making to the range with the PPK/S yet to take some pics? :D
A polished Nano on a PPK/S

James, that is SWEET! How did you do the threads for the Walther? Threaded PP barrel or threaded like that CZ in the other post? Also, have you guys done any polished black NANOs instead of just matte black? I'm getting one for my Walther and I'd love it to match.

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

FSCJedi wrote:James, that is SWEET! How did you do the threads for the Walther? Threaded PP barrel or threaded like that CZ in the other post? Also, have you guys done any polished black NANOs instead of just matte black? I'm getting one for my Walther and I'd love it to match.
That is actully a customers gun and the barrel on that was an extended barrel which was already threaded to 1/2"x32tpi when it came to me.

Nope haven't done any polish black Nanos, but I'm sure you could order either a glossy duracoat or gunkote finish and paint it on to have a close match to your Walther.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com