Page 1 of 3

NEW DTA Nano Titanium Suppressors

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:41 am
by James DeGroat
DTA Nano Suppressor Specs:

Multi-Caliber design .17hmr to 9mm and many calibers in between
Wet Suppressor
100% Titanium Construction
Can Be Fully Disassembled for cleaning
Unique Mono Core Design (will be Patented)
Only 4" Long by .98" OD (can see/use factory sights on most guns)
Wipes Can be used in the front chamber for extra dB reduction
Only 3.1 ounces
1/2" - 28tpi or 13.5x1mm LH (custom threads available at extra cost).
Laser Engraved info with DTA logo
Satin bead blast finish (black GunKote finish or Polished $20 more)
Will come with take down tool and instructions.

Retail price is $525

Dealer please e-mail for dealer pricing.

Taking Orders Now.
Please e-mail to with questions or to place an order [email protected]

Here's a video of the suppressor on various guns

Right Click and Save Target As for video 7.4mb


The P226 is shown with a Nano suppressor with the optional black finish.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image[/url]

NANO

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:20 am
by brazos609
Are the serialized tubes done so the Form 3s can be started? I sent in payment for three last week.

Re: NANO

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:32 am
by James DeGroat
brazos609 wrote:Are the serialized tubes done so the Form 3s can be started? I sent in payment for three last week.
Yes tubes are done for the first batch.

The first batch is already sold out and it didn't take long. Second batch was started while I was still running the first batch, so they will be finished up in about a week.

I have already sent out a ton of Form 3s (in a few separate batches), as soon as they come in I will start shipping the Nano suppressors. That means they should start shipping in a week or two (depending on how fast the ATF approves the Form 3s).

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 pm
by RWBlue
More dumb questions:

Do we have any DB numbers for comparison? (I hate doing DB from videos. I have been screwed in the past. Not that you would do this, but I like having numbers for comparison.)

I do not see anything about using this suppressor wet. Is this because we shouldn't? or not needed? or ...? Is it wipe related?

When you say it is multiple caliber, is 9mm the largest caliber/cartridge? Thoughts on 38Special, 300-221(sub and supersonic)?

What guns has this been tested with? (I am a Glock person. G17?, G19?, G26?)

Thanks

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:42 am
by James DeGroat
RWBlue wrote:More dumb questions:

Do we have any DB numbers for comparison? (I hate doing DB from videos. I have been screwed in the past. Not that you would do this, but I like having numbers for comparison.)

I do not see anything about using this suppressor wet. Is this because we shouldn't? or not needed? or ...? Is it wipe related?

When you say it is multiple caliber, is 9mm the largest caliber/cartridge? Thoughts on 38Special, 300-221(sub and supersonic)?

What guns has this been tested with? (I am a Glock person. G17?, G19?, G26?)

Thanks
I do have numbers and in my opinion for the size of this can they are very good (the Nano is well below hearing safe when used wet).

I won't be posting any numbers as John at SilencerReaserch will be doing a bunch of test on the Nano here very soon.

This is a wet suppressor and should be fired wet for best results.

The Nano will work on many calibers and I will post a list of calibers it's rated for here very soon.

The Nano has been fired on: Glock 19, Glock 26, Sig P226, Walther P99, Sig P238, Walther P22, Sig Mosquito, Ruger 10/22, and a Beretta M9. All guns that it has been tested on have cycled without any problems.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 am
by James DeGroat
Just a reminder, today is the LAST DAY to get in on the Nano promotional Sale. Starting 1/1/2010 the Nano will no longer be on sale from us and we will NEVER have the Nano on sale again.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 pm
by Kramer
That's some real sweet machining...they almost look to good to shoot! LOL

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm
by csfirearms
Well I got my host back from threading now all I need is the can!!!


CSF


Image

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm
by brazos609
csfirearms wrote:Well I got my host back from threading now all I need is the can!!! CSF
Does the rotating barrel work well with a suppressor?

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
by csfirearms
brazos609 wrote:
csfirearms wrote:Well I got my host back from threading now all I need is the can!!! CSF
Does the rotating barrel work well with a suppressor?
The sub compact is not a rotating barrel.

CSF

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 am
by James DeGroat
csfirearms wrote:Well I got my host back from threading now all I need is the can!!!


CSF


Image
Very nice, I look forward to seeing pictures of your Nano on the Beretta.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm
by Lost Soul
Can one post a criticism of this design, or is that not allowed and will be removed?

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm
by James DeGroat
Lost Soul wrote:Can one post a criticism of this design, or is that not allowed and will be removed?
You can, but it's best to introduce yourself so you don't come off as a troll.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42 pm
by Lost Soul
What do you mean by a Troll?

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:50 pm
by James DeGroat
Lost Soul wrote:What do you mean by a Troll?
Your post yesterday was not the friendlies of post for a new person to the board and even another board member informed you of that.

Again please feel free to introduce yourself.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:12 pm
by WhisperFan
Lost Soul wrote:Can one post a criticism of this design, or is that not allowed and will be removed?
FWIW - I was surprised to see the post gone as well.

Criticism is fine here, but it is usually considered 'bad form' to come to a new place, and in your first three posts, two of them crap on someone elses design, all without introducing yourself or describing your background.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm
by DemonLlama
Hey, some questions about this can.

On the website it says ".17HMR, .22 short, .22lr, .22 Mag, 5.7x28mm, .380, 9mm, and many others".

Is there a complete list? If not, would .22 Hornet, .25ACP, .32ACP, 7.62x25, 7.62x38r(Nagant), 9x18, .357SIG, .38 Super and 9x25 Dillon all be good to go? (all I can think of)

Is there any pistol cartidge in particular in the .17-.38 range that is specifically not ok to use?

Also what is it about the design that makes it more suitible to multiple calibers than an average 9mm can? I know a can that disassembles is helpfull with dirty rimfire ammo, but is there anything else?

Thanks.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:16 pm
by James DeGroat
DemonLlama wrote:Hey, some questions about this can.

On the website it says ".17HMR, .22 short, .22lr, .22 Mag, 5.7x28mm, .380, 9mm, and many others".

Is there a complete list? If not, would .22 Hornet, .25ACP, .32ACP, 7.62x25, 7.62x38r(Nagant), 9x18, .357SIG, .38 Super and 9x25 Dillon all be good to go? (all I can think of)

Is there any pistol cartidge in particular in the .17-.38 range that is specifically not ok to use?

Also what is it about the design that makes it more suitible to multiple calibers than an average 9mm can? I know a can that disassembles is helpfull with dirty rimfire ammo, but is there anything else?

Thanks.
I don't currently have a list of can and can't shoot calibers made up yet, but will be working on that soon.

The calibers on your list look fine, except the last three I need to look up.

Reason this is a good multi-caliber suppressor is it can be taken apart to be cleaned and it uses the optional wipes which seal the gases in the suppressor a little longer to be cooled. Reason this works with the different calibers is because the wipe adjust it's self to the different calibers before fired.

Example, you can fire it on your 9mm pistol, then take it off place it on a .380 pistol shoot some more, taken put it on a 22lr host and fire it some more. All without replacing the wipe or anything else on the suppressor.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am
by DemonLlama
James DeGroat wrote:
DemonLlama wrote:Hey, some questions about this can.

On the website it says ".17HMR, .22 short, .22lr, .22 Mag, 5.7x28mm, .380, 9mm, and many others".

Is there a complete list? If not, would .22 Hornet, .25ACP, .32ACP, 7.62x25, 7.62x38r(Nagant), 9x18, .357SIG, .38 Super and 9x25 Dillon all be good to go? (all I can think of)

Is there any pistol cartidge in particular in the .17-.38 range that is specifically not ok to use?

Also what is it about the design that makes it more suitible to multiple calibers than an average 9mm can? I know a can that disassembles is helpfull with dirty rimfire ammo, but is there anything else?

Thanks.
I don't currently have a list of can and can't shoot calibers made up yet, but will be working on that soon.

The calibers on your list look fine, except the last three I need to look up.

Reason this is a good multi-caliber suppressor is it can be taken apart to be cleaned and it uses the optional wipes which seal the gases in the suppressor a little longer to be cooled. Reason this works with the different calibers is because the wipe adjust it's self to the different calibers before fired.

Example, you can fire it on your 9mm pistol, then take it off place it on a .380 pistol shoot some more, taken put it on a 22lr host and fire it some more. All without replacing the wipe or anything else on the suppressor.
Cool, thanks a lot.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm
by James DeGroat
Form 3s just started to come in.

Nano suppressors will start shipping as soon as I get back from the SHOT Show.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:33 am
by brazos609
When do we need to let you know which thread pitch we need? I know you could do the Form 3s without knowing because the tube isn't tyed to the thread pitch of the base.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 am
by James DeGroat
brazos609 wrote:When do we need to let you know which thread pitch we need? I know you could do the Form 3s without knowing because the tube isn't tyed to the thread pitch of the base.
I'm not sure I understand you questions?

Are you wanting a custom thread pitch?

NANO

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am
by brazos609
I ordered three NANOs but I never actually said whether I wanted them 1/2"-28 or M13.5x1LH.

Re: NANO

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm
by James DeGroat
brazos609 wrote:I ordered three NANOs but I never actually said whether I wanted them 1/2"-28 or M13.5x1LH.
If you would drop me an e-mail as to what thead pitches you want.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:34 pm
by finn
Kind of silly to put an 85g suppressor on a gun that weighs 1.5 kilos.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gdk6k_HJt8w/S427z ... jEt7GoS8E/
Image