Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

Post Reply
emrisg
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by emrisg » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:59 pm

If anybody likes the 300 whisper go out and buy one of Jame's cans. By far the quietest whisper gun i have ever shot. we tested against JD Jones, AAC Cyclone, Gemtech 30 cal can, and homemmade F1 can. My degroat was 1/2 the sound of JD's can and the cyclone. The others were not even close.

User avatar
Artful
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 4392
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Phx,AZ
Contact:

Post by Artful » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am

So where's the video ? Didn't happen without it :lol:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

hjustein
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by hjustein » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm

already bought one, still waiting for the ATF to approve my worthiness to possess such a dangerous and scary device!

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 am

emrisg wrote:If anybody likes the 300 whisper go out and buy one of Jame's cans. By far the quietest whisper gun i have ever shot. we tested against JD Jones, AAC Cyclone, Gemtech 30 cal can, and homemmade F1 can. My degroat was 1/2 the sound of JD's can and the cyclone. The others were not even close.
Glad you are happy with your MK 12 RECON

I would love to see a video and or pictures of your setup.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

hjustein
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by hjustein » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Ahhh yeaaaaaaaaaa my stamp for this just came back this AM.

:D

brazos609
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 11:12 am
Location: TX

Post by brazos609 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Do you have any of the 12" 300 Whisper suppressors built and ready to transfer right now? Am I correct in that they are only bored out enough for a .30 projectile and not for a .338 or 9mm?

User avatar
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Texas Hill Country

Post by L1A1Rocker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:49 pm

K baffle, M baffle, wipes?????

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Post by James DeGroat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes I still have a few MK 12 RECON 300 Whispers suppressors in stock and they are $600 each.

The RECON is built very similar to the DELTA but the baffle stack is made for the the 300 Whisper round only (you can not fire 9mm though it).

The first two baffles are stainless steel and the rest are hard coat anodized aluminum.

Here's the face of the baffle

Image
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

User avatar
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Texas Hill Country

Post by L1A1Rocker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

James DeGroat wrote:Yes I still have a few MK 12 RECON 300 Whispers suppressors in stock and they are $600 each.

The RECON is built very similar to the DELTA but the baffle stack is made for the the 300 Whisper round only (you can not fire 9mm though it).

The first two baffles are stainless steel and the rest are hard coat anodized aluminum.

Here's the face of the baffle

Image
That is a very wicked looking design.

glocker17
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by glocker17 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:15 pm

What thread pitch do these cans use 5/8 x24 or 1/2 x 28? Just wondering, my whisper is 5/8 x24.

atomchaser
Silent Operator
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by atomchaser » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

glocker17 wrote:What thread pitch do these cans use 5/8 x24 or 1/2 x 28? Just wondering, my whisper is 5/8 x24.
5/8 x 24 on mine.

brazos609
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 11:12 am
Location: TX

RECON

Post by brazos609 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Am I correct in assuming that the RECON is 1.25" in diameter like the 9mm versions?

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: RECON

Post by James DeGroat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 am

brazos609 wrote:Am I correct in assuming that the RECON is 1.25" in diameter like the 9mm versions?

Correct, the MK 12 RECON is 1.25" in diameter
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

brazos609
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 11:12 am
Location: TX

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by brazos609 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 am

Did you end up with any complete ones left to transfer out?

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 am

brazos609 wrote:Did you end up with any complete ones left to transfer out?
Sorry I'm sold out of the MK 12 RECON Suppressor which was done for the 300 Whisper round
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

User avatar
BLACK XS
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:44 pm
Location: WA, USA
Contact:

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by BLACK XS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Any plans to produce more?

I could see how they may become VERY popular with the 300 Blackout. The price is definitely right too :wink:
300BLKforums.com

sardo67
Silent Operator
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: yuma AZ

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by sardo67 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 pm

ya, any more info on these? i'm going to build a deticated 300BLK upper and would like to get the best can i can find. i hear that this is NOT a QD mount and just threads onto the barrel? is that correct?

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: DeGroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:12 am

Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

jasonusvi
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: DeGroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by jasonusvi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 am

James DeGroat wrote:Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
Per comments others have made... seems a big opportunity to be able to satisfy demand around 300BLK and your 1.25" can would be great to pair up under a rail with an 8" barrel.

Why no plans to satisfy customer interest? Getting out of the business?

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: DeGroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 am

jasonusvi wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
Per comments others have made... seems a big opportunity to be able to satisfy demand around 300BLK and your 1.25" can would be great to pair up under a rail with an 8" barrel.

Why no plans to satisfy customer interest? Getting out of the business?

No I'm actully planning on doing more 300BLK caliber suppressors in the near future. Right now my plate has been REALLY full with Minigun projects and orders, but here pretty soon I will work on some new designs.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

Post Reply