Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

emrisg
Silent But Deadly

Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by emrisg »

If anybody likes the 300 whisper go out and buy one of Jame's cans. By far the quietest whisper gun i have ever shot. we tested against JD Jones, AAC Cyclone, Gemtech 30 cal can, and homemmade F1 can. My degroat was 1/2 the sound of JD's can and the cyclone. The others were not even close.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

So where's the video ? Didn't happen without it :lol:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
hjustein

Post by hjustein »

already bought one, still waiting for the ATF to approve my worthiness to possess such a dangerous and scary device!
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Degroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat »

emrisg wrote:If anybody likes the 300 whisper go out and buy one of Jame's cans. By far the quietest whisper gun i have ever shot. we tested against JD Jones, AAC Cyclone, Gemtech 30 cal can, and homemmade F1 can. My degroat was 1/2 the sound of JD's can and the cyclone. The others were not even close.
Glad you are happy with your MK 12 RECON

I would love to see a video and or pictures of your setup.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
hjustein

Post by hjustein »

Ahhh yeaaaaaaaaaa my stamp for this just came back this AM.

:D
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

Do you have any of the 12" 300 Whisper suppressors built and ready to transfer right now? Am I correct in that they are only bored out enough for a .30 projectile and not for a .338 or 9mm?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

K baffle, M baffle, wipes?????
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Yes I still have a few MK 12 RECON 300 Whispers suppressors in stock and they are $600 each.

The RECON is built very similar to the DELTA but the baffle stack is made for the the 300 Whisper round only (you can not fire 9mm though it).

The first two baffles are stainless steel and the rest are hard coat anodized aluminum.

Here's the face of the baffle

James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

James DeGroat wrote:Yes I still have a few MK 12 RECON 300 Whispers suppressors in stock and they are $600 each.

The RECON is built very similar to the DELTA but the baffle stack is made for the the 300 Whisper round only (you can not fire 9mm though it).

The first two baffles are stainless steel and the rest are hard coat anodized aluminum.

Here's the face of the baffle

That is a very wicked looking design.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Post by glocker17 »

What thread pitch do these cans use 5/8 x24 or 1/2 x 28? Just wondering, my whisper is 5/8 x24.
atomchaser
Silent Operator

Post by atomchaser »

glocker17 wrote:What thread pitch do these cans use 5/8 x24 or 1/2 x 28? Just wondering, my whisper is 5/8 x24.
5/8 x 24 on mine.
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

RECON

Post by brazos609 »

Am I correct in assuming that the RECON is 1.25" in diameter like the 9mm versions?
James DeGroat

Re: RECON

Post by James DeGroat »

brazos609 wrote:Am I correct in assuming that the RECON is 1.25" in diameter like the 9mm versions?

Correct, the MK 12 RECON is 1.25" in diameter
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

Did you end up with any complete ones left to transfer out?
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

brazos609 wrote:Did you end up with any complete ones left to transfer out?
Sorry I'm sold out of the MK 12 RECON Suppressor which was done for the 300 Whisper round
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

BLACK XS
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLACK XS »

Any plans to produce more?

I could see how they may become VERY popular with the 300 Blackout. The price is definitely right too :wink:
300BLKforums.com
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

ya, any more info on these? i'm going to build a deticated 300BLK upper and would like to get the best can i can find. i hear that this is NOT a QD mount and just threads onto the barrel? is that correct?
James DeGroat

Re: DeGroat 300 Whisper Can

Post by James DeGroat »

Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

jasonusvi
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jasonusvi »

James DeGroat wrote:Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
Per comments others have made... seems a big opportunity to be able to satisfy demand around 300BLK and your 1.25" can would be great to pair up under a rail with an 8" barrel.

Why no plans to satisfy customer interest? Getting out of the business?
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

jasonusvi wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:Sorry to say I'm sold out of the Mk 12 RECON suppressors, and at this time I don't have any future plans on my plate to build another batch.
Per comments others have made... seems a big opportunity to be able to satisfy demand around 300BLK and your 1.25" can would be great to pair up under a rail with an 8" barrel.

Why no plans to satisfy customer interest? Getting out of the business?

No I'm actully planning on doing more 300BLK caliber suppressors in the near future. Right now my plate has been REALLY full with Minigun projects and orders, but here pretty soon I will work on some new designs.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com