NANO question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

NANO question

Post by FSCJedi »

Does the NANO utilize two wipes to seal in the ablative medium until it is used (similar to the Poseidon)?
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

When I looked at it I was told only one spot for a wipe up front - but James did say nothing keeping you from applying some of that good silver duct tape to the rear of the can to hold in ablative if you wanted too.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

The take down tool also doubles as a plug that seals off the rear of the suppressor, that way your wet media will stay in the suppressors.

I'll post pictures of the take down tool soon.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Re: NANO question

Post by FSCJedi »

Have you done any testing firing .32ACP through a NANO yet?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

FSCJedi wrote:Have you done any testing firing .32ACP through a NANO yet?
James? Bueller?...

I ask because I think this would be a nice-sized can for my Tomcat and/or Walther PPK.
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

FSCJedi wrote:Have you done any testing firing .32ACP through a NANO yet?
I haven't but I'm sure it will sound just as good if not better than when used with the .380 acp.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James, on the NANO I'm ordering, I will be asking for 1/2x28 threads since that's what the majority of my firearms are threaded for. However, my Sig 229 is threaded 13.5-1mm LH. Do you have an adapter available to purchase with the NANO so I could use it on my 229?

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

FSCJedi wrote:James, on the NANO I'm ordering, I will be asking for 1/2x28 threads since that's what the majority of my firearms are threaded for. However, my Sig 229 is threaded 13.5-1mm LH. Do you have an adapter available to purchase with the NANO so I could use it on my 229?
Sorry to say I don't have any adapters like that
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James DeGroat wrote:
FSCJedi wrote:James, on the NANO I'm ordering, I will be asking for 1/2x28 threads since that's what the majority of my firearms are threaded for. However, my Sig 229 is threaded 13.5-1mm LH. Do you have an adapter available to purchase with the NANO so I could use it on my 229?
That's ok, James. I just thought I'd ask. I'll look around. I'm sure I can get one made.

Have you used any of the flat-tip .380 FMJ ammo through the NANO? The inexpensive Winchester stuff? I was wondering if it worked ok with the wipe? Do you have a recommended 380 ammo for shooting through the NANO?

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

FSCJedi wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:
That's ok, James. I just thought I'd ask. I'll look around. I'm sure I can get one made.

Have you used any of the flat-tip .380 FMJ ammo through the NANO? The inexpensive Winchester stuff? I was wondering if it worked ok with the wipe? Do you have a recommended 380 ammo for shooting through the NANO?
So I just got off the phone with TROS about an adapter and decided against it after talking with Mark. I just won't use my NANO on my P229. I did order a threaded barrel for my 92FS from Tornado Tech. in 1/2x28, though, so I'm excited to try it on that.

Also, my dealer emailed me yesterday to let me know that my NANO has arrived and is ready to start the transfer paperwork! I'm headed out to see him tomorrow and start the long wait. The ATF reviewer with this dealer seems to be slower than with my previous one. :(

James, did you have an opinion on the .380 ammo question I asked above?

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

The flat tip .380 will work fine with the wipes.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com