Why wont my RECON shoulder on the barrel?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

JonahJls
Silent Operator

Why wont my RECON shoulder on the barrel?

Post by JonahJls »

I finally picked up my new Mk12 RECON and MK99 MOD 0. I'm not sure if i should use the RECON yet. It doesn't shoulder on the barrel, it stops 1/16" short. The barrel is threaded 5/8x24. Is there some sort of precision shim i can use? Do i need to have the thread profile changed?

Suppressors make everything new and fun all over again. Its like adding a turbo or supercharger to a car or implants to a hot chick! LOL-Buzduk
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Why wont my RECON shoulder on the barrel?

Post by Bendersquint »

JonahJls wrote:I finally picked up my new Mk12 RECON and MK99 MOD 0. I'm not sure if i should use the RECON yet. It doesn't shoulder on the barrel, it stops 1/16" short. The barrel is threaded 5/8x24. Is there some sort of precision shim i can use? Do i need to have the thread profile changed?

Willing to bet that there is no thread relief on the mount. if there is no relief then it will only thread on as far as your threads go.

Look on the thread mount on the can and see if the threads go to the end of the mount or if there relief before the threads start.

If there is no thread relief on the mount I would not shoot it without either a spacer or DTA fixes your mount.

-B
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

E-mail sent.

Yep your barrel requires a much deeper thread releive than what comes standard on the RECON.

Send the RECON back and we'll machine it deeper free of charge.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
JonahJls
Silent Operator

Post by JonahJls »

James DeGroat wrote:E-mail sent.

Yep your barrel requires a much deeper thread releive than what comes standard on the RECON.

This is why I bought silencers from you! Outstanding customer care. Its also why I am holding out to buy my first 22 can. Thank you
Suppressors make everything new and fun all over again. Its like adding a turbo or supercharger to a car or implants to a hot chick! LOL-Buzduk
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

JonahJls wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:E-mail sent.

This is why I bought silencers from you! Outstanding customer care. Its also why I am holding out to buy my first 22 can. Thank you
We do try our best to help our customers any way we can.

Yep a .22lr suppressor is on our to-do-list.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).