Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

Post Reply
User avatar
Dark Tranquility
Elite Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:15 am
Location: Florida

Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by Dark Tranquility » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I purchased a DeGroat Mk12 DELTA suppressor about 3 years ago and was curious if anyone has jailbroken one?

I also have some Gemtech Trinity fixed barrel thread mounts, threelug and booster and was curious if those would fit if I could back off the fixed barrel thread mount that came with it.

Thanks,

Daniel

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by Bendersquint » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Dark Tranquility wrote:I purchased a DeGroat Mk12 DELTA suppressor about 3 years ago and was curious if anyone has jailbroken one?

I also have some Gemtech Trinity fixed barrel thread mounts, threelug and booster and was curious if those would fit if I could back off the fixed barrel thread mount that came with it.

Thanks,

Daniel
Dan,

We just jailbroke a MK12 Recon, it came out beautifully.

The thread mounts issue is an issue all by itself. This is not a conversion that you can undertake yourself for a number of legal reasons.

Based on the MK12 Recon that was shipped back today your mounts would NOT fit as it is right now.

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by James DeGroat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 pm

The threads used on the MK12 DELTA and RECON are different than the gemtech booster, so it won't fit.

Those two suppressors don't lend themselves to be taken apart and cleaned by the user.

We will also not repair any Mk 9 Mod 0, Mk 99 Mod 0, Navy 9, Mk 12 DELTA, or Mk 12 RECON that has been taken apart by the user.

Sorry guys, but the way those suppressors are assembled, damage is guaranteed if you try to take them apart.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by Bendersquint » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

James DeGroat wrote:The threads used on the MK12 DELTA and RECON are different than the gemtech booster, so it won't fit.

Those two suppressors don't lend themselves to be taken apart and cleaned by the user.

We will also not repair any Mk 9 Mod 0, Mk 99 Mod 0, Navy 9, Mk 12 DELTA, or Mk 12 RECON that has been taken apart by the user.

Sorry guys, but the way those suppressors are assembled, damage is guaranteed if you try to take them apart.
We had absolutely no problem jailbreaking it.

There was ZERO damage to the suppressor or the internals.

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by James DeGroat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:The threads used on the MK12 DELTA and RECON are different than the gemtech booster, so it won't fit.

Those two suppressors don't lend themselves to be taken apart and cleaned by the user.

We will also not repair any Mk 9 Mod 0, Mk 99 Mod 0, Navy 9, Mk 12 DELTA, or Mk 12 RECON that has been taken apart by the user.

Sorry guys, but the way those suppressors are assembled, damage is guaranteed if you try to take them apart.
We had absolutely no problem jailbreaking it.

There was ZERO damage to the suppressor or the internals.

What did you do with the lock ring that was staked in place holding the baffle stack tight?

What was the purpose of jailbreaking?
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by Bendersquint » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 pm

James DeGroat wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:The threads used on the MK12 DELTA and RECON are different than the gemtech booster, so it won't fit.

Those two suppressors don't lend themselves to be taken apart and cleaned by the user.

We will also not repair any Mk 9 Mod 0, Mk 99 Mod 0, Navy 9, Mk 12 DELTA, or Mk 12 RECON that has been taken apart by the user.

Sorry guys, but the way those suppressors are assembled, damage is guaranteed if you try to take them apart.
We had absolutely no problem jailbreaking it.

There was ZERO damage to the suppressor or the internals.

What did you do with the lock ring that was staked in place holding the baffle stack tight?

What was the purpose of jailbreaking?

There was NO lock ring that was staked in place inside.

The purpose of the jailbreaking was so it can be cleaned and kept in top condition, it was pretty dirty in there.
Last edited by Bendersquint on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad
Posts: 4226
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Tidewater, VA

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by chrismartin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:36 pm

James DeGroat wrote: What was the purpose of jailbreaking?
So the user can take it apart and clean it.
Bender did my Evo. You wouldn't believe the amount of crud that had accumulated. Even though I shot 99% plated bullets, the carbon and lead build up was astounding.

Was there a lock ring at the piston end?
Last edited by chrismartin on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Jailbreak on MK12 DELTA

Post by Bendersquint » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 pm

chrismartin wrote:
James DeGroat wrote: What was the purpose of jailbreaking?
So the user can take it apart and clean it.
Bender did my Evo. You wouldn't believe the amount of crud that had accumulated. Even though I shot 99% plated bullets, the carbon and lead build up was astounding.
We didn't see one in there at all, definitely nothing "staked" in place either.

Post Reply