Trigger recall??????

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

RJT
Silent But Deadly

Trigger recall??????

Post by RJT »

Anyone sent theirs in, and if so, have you gotten it back yet? I ordered another 700 AAC SD, and it hasn't hit my dealer yet. Its starting to feel like a form 4 transfer at this point. :(
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Gik-Tal

Re: Trigger recall??????

Post by Gik-Tal »

I sent mine in here is the time line from start to finish, takes about 12 weeks.

12 May 2014 Contacted Remington that my rifle was on the recall list
14 May 2014 received email that acknowledged my email and told me to stand by and a shipping container and return label would be on the way.
29 May 2014 received the shipping container and the label with instructions via an email.
30 May 2014 Shipped Rifle off via ground UPS
04 Jun 2014 Rifle was received by Remington repair facility
28 August Rifle was assigned to worker for repair
31 Jul 2014 received email that rifle was complete and being shipped back

Rifle is expected to be home on 06 Aug 2014,
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

I'm an admitteded BA Remfan. Not gonna go into a rifle my best bud received that required he send the action back to have the scope mount bases be redone...
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Thumpher80

Post by Thumpher80 »

My experience: checked to see if mine was in the date range. It was. I called and was told 1-2 weeks. Believe I have an email on that also. I requested the shipping box to be sent to me. Got it. Sent gun back. Waited three weeks and called to check status of repair. At this time I was told it would be a minimum of twelve weeks. I requested that my gun be sent back to me. They said I would have to fill out a waiver of liability form it was very unsafe etc...I said fine filled out paperwork sent it back the next day. July 23rd. I followed up on Aug 1st as I had not seen shipment info yet. Aug 4th I receive email stating they were working on it. That I would receive email when it shipped. Yesterday I have still not received this. I called and got a very rude employee that said they are doing the best they can. He couldn't tell me when they would ship it back. I asked to speak to someone in upper management and he wouldn't help me get in touch with anyone. I'm VERY disappointed with the way Remington is handling this. I'm planning on putting a timney or jewel trigger in and making this my last Remington purchase. They have a couple other firearms I like but I do expect better customer service than that. That's my rant for the day. :-)
blues addict

Post by blues addict »

I sent mine in mid May. I meant to call them all last week and tell them to just send it back and I would have a better trigger put in it. I got an email this past Friday that said it was complete and would be shipped. Also got a tracking number but still has not shipped yet.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

I got mine about 1.5 months ago, but it was in limbo for almost the same amount of time. I'm going to order a Timney for my 700 AAC in .223, way too close to hunting season to chance it.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.