MP5 threading?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

MP5 threading?

Post by No2sc2 »

Who does this for a complete built MP5? I have a german pistol that has the 3lug on it but it has no threading but does have extra barrel for possible threading. The barrel is fixed so I know most threaders won't do it since its harder and more specialized.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: MP5 threading?

Post by Bendersquint »

No2sc2 wrote:Who does this for a complete built MP5? I have a german pistol that has the 3lug on it but it has no threading but does have extra barrel for possible threading. The barrel is fixed so I know most threaders won't do it since its harder and more specialized.
It's not "EXTRA barrel".

Why are you wanting it threaded?
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

Well I have some 9mm suppressors with 1/2x28 pistons so I want the MP5 threaded 1/2x28 but also keep the 3lug so I can have that extra option. Just like the MP5-N how it has the tactical metric threading... except I want the US size.

Horrible picture but you see the extra extended part? I want that threaded. I know its harder since the MP5 is all fixed together.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

No2sc2 wrote:Well I have some 9mm suppressors with 1/2x28 pistons so I want the MP5 threaded 1/2x28 but also keep the 3lug so I can have that extra option. Just like the MP5-N how it has the tactical metric threading... except I want the US size.

Horrible picture but you see the extra extended part? I want that threaded. I know its harder since the MP5 is all fixed together.
Tactical metric threading?

Last MP5-N that i saw was threaded either 1/2-32 or 1/2-36.

Part you are missing is its not extra or extended, its a part of the 3 lug assembly.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

Yeah they called it the "NEW tactical" threading which is the 13.5 x 1 LH. I think you're right, its 1/2x32 ect... but this mfg is doing the metric sizing.

Well, the WHOLE barrel is the 3lug, its not an adapter so I think it can be threaded. Just like this...

This one is threaded metric size I think. From what the MFG told me, its ONE whole barrel with the 3lug on the end. He told me its possible to thread it but didn't recommend a dealer.
Last edited by No2sc2 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

I would have gotten that threaded metric standard but it would have forced me to get metric pistons for all my cans.

Yeah this is threaded the metric size, same pistol same model except threaded but don't want that sizing. Want the US size so its possible...

karb

Post by karb »

Is that picture one of yours, or from the builder of your clone? That looks like a DJGetz
Backdrop from HKPro. I mention this cause all his builds are threaded and they're in
13.5x1 LH. or did you get a black market upper? They're not threaded
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

M60Joe has a jig to do this. He did mine years ago.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Threading a 3 lug is like putting ketchup on a steak.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

karb wrote:Is that picture one of yours, or from the builder of your clone? That looks like a DJGetz
Backdrop from HKPro. I mention this cause all his builds are threaded and they're in
13.5x1 LH. or did you get a black market upper? They're not threaded
Actually it is from DJ. I know that he had models that have threading done but I didn't want that threading size. All my suppressors are 1/2x28 so that's why I got one that's not threaded.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

renegade wrote:M60Joe has a jig to do this. He did mine years ago.
+1

I'll contact him!
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

Libertarian_Geek wrote:Threading a 3 lug is like putting ketchup on a steak.
Well its not like threading it will make the 3lug inoperable. It'll be just another option. Until AAC makes 3lugs for their suppressors, I am stuck with the 1/2x28. I want to beable to take on, off and switch to different guns.
cajun 22
Silent But Deadly

Post by cajun 22 »

Curtis at S&H arms can do it.
jeephipwr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeephipwr »

John Norell can do it. Here is his website- http://www.johnnorrellarms.com/products.asp

He did mine, 1/2-28
axehole

Post by axehole »

Factory MP5-N's are 1/2 x 32. US fine tread standard per US Navy contract hence the name "navy".