.308 saiga With picture.

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

.308 saiga With picture.

Post by Sdustin »

Here's my new .308 saiga after my conversion and lower handguard retainer from brain smithwick of Dinzag. The .308 is an easy conversion. I want to either make a reflex type silencer after I weld on HK type sights on the gas bloack or thread it for a YHM phantom that I'm thinking about buying. If I can get my local dealer tostart to stock YHM stuff.

When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Re: .308 saiga With picture.

Post by Sdustin »

I really would like to get an ak74 muzzle device and keep this one looking traditional looking. But I also want to either make this one or buy another one and make it with black polymer ak74 handguards, folding ace stock, weld on HK sights, and either shorten the barrel and attach a phantom flash hider and mount to bring it to 16" or mount an ak74 muzzle device and bulid on a form 1 a reflex type can.
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

Drool.... I've always wanted a saiga in a .308
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Get one if you can find one. It's a sweet weapon. It's the only .308 semi auto I've fired and it's my favorite rifle by a long shot now.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Sdustin wrote:I really would like to... keep this one looking traditional looking...
Um... while a beastly cool thing, your AK "variant" is not evah gonna be traditional looking with that non-typical AK mag hanging out of the receiver. Just saying.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Well duh. But it had a wood stock and dual front handguard of wood. That's what I mean. I would like to gas as far as either modifying the gas block or try to get an ak gas block that would have the cleaning rod Chanel and the spot on the front sight for the cleaning rid ad a bayonet lug.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Sdustin wrote:...or try to get an ak gas block that would have the cleaning rod Chanel and the spot on the front sight for the cleaning rid ad a bayonet lug.
And please make the ubiquitous AK slant cut muzzle brake a focus. Ok... I'm following you. IMHO, your thoughts plus that, would make your baby one of the coolest things around. Forget an optic. Iron sighted AK in .308 is reliability, badassedness, ruin your day, force projection of the nth degree. F the guys punching each other in the face relative AR DI/GI accuracy/cleanliness free for all. If I want a true reliable, put the round in a specific place at distance, I'll use a BA. If I want it in a non crew served general purpose format, what you have is one of the best.

BTW, is that a FAL/HK mag, or a proprietary?

To respond to one of your earlier post, I'll pit my modified M1A against any and all, .308/7.62 comers, including your cool implement. Same reliability, better sights. :mrgreen:

Carry on.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
nwcafesurfer

Post by nwcafesurfer »

Very badass! 308 is a much better/ longer range round than 7.62x39 Really like the look of your Saiga, also what to know what mag that is??
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I'll bet I've got half the cost of a stock m1a in this thing. And it's a 15 round CSSpec mag. He makes steel mags for the 308 and 20 ga. I wish I could make an fal or m1a mag work.
BlenderWizard

Post by BlenderWizard »

Alright, forgive my ignorance, but where did you get the magazine?