10/22 Integral

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

John4045
Silent Operator

10/22 Integral

Post by John4045 »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a 10/22 integral. I was looking to do something different with my next .22 can.

I have 10/22 lined up for my next project and decided to go the integral route. I'm aware of the bigger named guys (Thompson Machine, YHM, Liberty, TBA, Bowers), but was wondering if anyone had some positive experiences with some of the above companies or even another company.

I know some of the older 10/22 integrals are sealed and I'd like to stay away from those if possible. I see the Thompson Machine Operative as pretty popular.

Thanks!
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10/22 Integral

Post by dtom29 »

I've shot and handled the Thompson Machine integral( both the fixed barrel and the take down) 10-22...you'll love it. You'll also love dealing with Richard and Brooks.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Ive had the takedown on order a couple months after the takedown came out. Dealer just got the form 3 a month ago. So be prepaired for a nice wait.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Is there anything from anybody that isn't a "nice wait"?
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

dtom29 wrote:Is there anything from anybody that isn't a "nice wait"?
I know a couple people that got integrals from SRT in about half the time. I ordered mine at the end of May 2012 just looked it up. Still waiting on the form 3 approval, when I said my dealer got the form 3 it wasnt the approved copy it was the copy showing thompson started the form 3 with my approved state registration (thankfully thats gone now). So im basically at 15 months and havent even started the form 4 yet.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Last I knew you are dealing with a two man shop....
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

dtom29 wrote:Last I knew you are dealing with a two man shop....
Whats your point? Do you think they get some type of special treatment cause they are small? I havent even seen the product yet so cant comment on its build quality or sounds (dealer is over a hour away so wont see it even after he gets it), and I dont mind the wait I have 4 thread on cans and 3 10/22 to play with in the mean time. Not everyone has the luxury or willingness to wait two years or more like me before they get the final product in hand and they deserve to know it ahead of time.
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

I guess I might as well just put the order in and sit tight. The only integral I've seen first hand is the Operative. As much as I'd love to have a more custom integral built for me, I'm a bit itchy to get my first one sooner than later. After that, then I can wait. :mrgreen:
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

yamatitan wrote:I know a couple people that got integrals from SRT in about half the time. I ordered mine at the end of May 2012 just looked it up. Still waiting on the form 3 approval, when I said my dealer got the form 3 it wasnt the approved copy it was the copy showing thompson started the form 3 with my approved state registration (thankfully thats gone now). So im basically at 15 months and havent even started the form 4 yet.
Have you tried to contact Richard or Brooks? Your wait seems excessive and it kind of surprises me. I've had multiple dealings with them and all have gone smooth with good communication and with reasonable times.
deadeye99

Post by deadeye99 »

[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url] I shipped my takedown barrel to Thompson on 3/14/13. It came back to my dealer and I mailed form 4 on 05/03/13. Seems like something else is holding things up. I only got to see it for a few minutes but it looked like very nice work. FWIW Bob
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

medphys3 wrote:
yamatitan wrote:I know a couple people that got integrals from SRT in about half the time. I ordered mine at the end of May 2012 just looked it up. Still waiting on the form 3 approval, when I said my dealer got the form 3 it wasnt the approved copy it was the copy showing thompson started the form 3 with my approved state registration (thankfully thats gone now). So im basically at 15 months and havent even started the form 4 yet.
Have you tried to contact Richard or Brooks? Your wait seems excessive and it kind of surprises me. I've had multiple dealings with them and all have gone smooth with good communication and with reasonable times.
Yes they have been very responsive along the way. Great communication letting me know exactly what was going on along the way. Cant say enough good things about that.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

yamatitan wrote:
dtom29 wrote:Last I knew you are dealing with a two man shop....
Whats your point? Do you think they get some type of special treatment cause they are small? I havent even seen the product yet so cant comment on its build quality or sounds (dealer is over a hour away so wont see it even after he gets it), and I dont mind the wait I have 4 thread on cans and 3 10/22 to play with in the mean time. Not everyone has the luxury or willingness to wait two years or more like me before they get the final product in hand and they deserve to know it ahead of time.
My point was that you might find it takes a two man shop a little longer to get a product out than a larger shop with multiple employees. I also know they were having trouble getting the Ruger takedown models to work on.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Yeah Deadeye, Brooks said if you can get a takedown and send the barrel they could get it out quicker because there would be no wait till Thompson got a takedown in the shop. The takedowns have been in short supply everywhere.
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

Does anyone think a integral takedown is more of an advantage versus a "regular" 10/22 integral? I'm on the fence whether I should go integral or not with my takedown.

Call me old fashioned, but I am leaning towards a more tradition integral if that makes any sense at all.
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

I think I'll go with a TM Operative.
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly

Post by jgreg65 »

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a TM TD Operative. I really think its the way to go, even though I already have a take down.