Anderson MFG. AR's

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

WooD
Silent But Deadly

Anderson MFG. AR's

Post by WooD »

Anyone own one or shot one?

I can pick up a NIB complete lower for $200 off a local dude in my area. I've got a couple AR's registered as SBR's, but kinda like the idea of having an AR off the books. Was thinking about using the lower to make a old school Viet Nam era style rifle.

I've done a lot of research on the company and the only negative thing I found was the sales manager making profiles on gun sites asking about the Anderson's and then had another employee create an account to tell how great their rifles were.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: Anderson MFG. AR's

Post by redtazdog »

wideners has some of the Anderson uppers for sale so chances are they are good to go.
edit to add
check that lower as it may or may not be done http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/630915 ... _Mfg_.html
graniteshins44

Post by graniteshins44 »

i got one of their very early (serial num. under 100) billet matched upper/lower sets. Ive had great luck with them. The RF85 coating, along with a Rubber City Armory nitride coated bcg, and then everything Frog Lube treated, has given me a gun that i bang at the range all day long without having to add any lube. the one negative i can say is some of the roll pin holes in both the lower (the bolt catch) and the upper (the forward assist) have some VERY tight tolerances. i almost didnt get the pins in. destroyed 3 punches. other than that they are great.
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

I let the complete upper pass, but last week I bought a Anderson stripped lower for $60, and found a CMMG parts kit for $40. Everything went together fine. I'm going to haunt Florida Gun Trader for an upper or parts. See if I can make an AR for $400 or less.