Yankee Hill Stinger Vs. Mite

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

11C1P

Yankee Hill Stinger Vs. Mite

Post by 11C1P »

Wondering if anyone has experience with both these suppressors. Besides the obvious differences on paper, just wondering what people who have worked with both like better & why.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Yankee Hill Stinger Vs. Mite

Post by Bendersquint »

11C1P wrote:Wondering if anyone has experience with both these suppressors. Besides the obvious differences on paper, just wondering what people who have worked with both like better & why.
I haven't seen on in the wild only pictures and based on the pictures if I HAD to buy one of them it would be the STINGER.

At least the Stinger won't seal itself like the Mite, even if there is no performance difference thats enough of a reason!
STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

Came in this week, pretty nice, a BIG improvement over the Mite, when I ordered, they didn't state any other caliber than .22lr, in the manual it is listed 17 HMR through .22 magnum and ..22lr. FA rated too..When the customer comes to test it out I will let you know how it runs.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

They drilled the face instead of a scoop?

Still has to be a better performer than the Mite.

Wonder what Gemtech thinks about the use of the Alpine caged baffle design? :shock:
oilfieldtrash76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by oilfieldtrash76 »

I know its second hand info but my dealer advised me against the mite. Said its not a good performer and their are better 22 cans in about the same price range. He had one on his desk using it as a paperweight.
"Peace, That wonderful moment when everyone is standing around reloading!" Unknown

FFL (07)
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Mite is terrible, loud and welds itself shut. Get the Stinger if you have to have a YHM can.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I thought that I had posted this ? weeks ago, but apparently not.

Why are there 6 circular machining marks around the throat visible in baffle face 6?

It's also visible in the threaded end.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Probably to improve sound performance. As manufacturers have been slowly perfecting the K baffle they seem to have discovered that altering the baffle face (instead of having a flat machined surface) seems to help reduce sound. There are similar features on the baffles in AAC's Element and Tirant lines.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Conqueror wrote:Probably to improve sound performance. As manufacturers have been slowly perfecting the K baffle they seem to have discovered that altering the baffle face (instead of having a flat machined surface) seems to help reduce sound. There are similar features on the baffles in AAC's Element and Tirant lines.
Its for ease of machining. Face grooving tools long enough to groove those baffles are EXTREMELY expensive. Endmills are phenomenally cheaper.
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

I don't see how it's remotely possible how the stinger could be as aweful as the MITE(get it....all caps because the MITE is LOUD...I don't even think that one was funny, but oh well).
11C1P

Post by 11C1P »

STL/N.E.R.D.S. wrote:Came in this week, pretty nice, a BIG improvement over the Mite, when I ordered, they didn't state any other caliber than .22lr, in the manual it is listed 17 HMR through .22 magnum and ..22lr. FA rated too..When the customer comes to test it out I will let you know how it runs.
So did you get any reviews on it?
MattMan

Post by MattMan »

I wouldn't buy either. Spend a little more there are a lot better cans out there.