Seeking information -- Sig MPX-C

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Seeking information -- Sig MPX-C

Post by TROOPER »

My limited understanding was that the unit was supposed to be market-available after SHOT 2014. I'm not really seeing that as the situation though. Anyone have any information on this unit? Any estimates on actual street cost? Any reviews other than the one-or-two I've seen on YouTube and recycled at other sites? Any news on the ATF's acceptance, then rejection of the "flash-hider" that Sig had on there?

Any information at all?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Seeking information -- Sig MPX-C

Post by Bendersquint »

TROOPER wrote:My limited understanding was that the unit was supposed to be market-available after SHOT 2014. I'm not really seeing that as the situation though. Anyone have any information on this unit? Any estimates on actual street cost? Any reviews other than the one-or-two I've seen on YouTube and recycled at other sites? Any news on the ATF's acceptance, then rejection of the "flash-hider" that Sig had on there?

Any information at all?
This unit as described by Sig is NOT available to civilians at this time.

ATF never approved the monocore baffle as a non-silencer part.

I would suspect now that Kevin is in house that it will be brought to acceptable standard and a far better product will be released.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

What do you suppose will be done differently? Are they going to turn this into a two-stamp gun via an SBR method? How is the ATF not going along with the permanently attached, does NOTHING to silencer the shot monocore baffle? What can be done differently while retaining the fundamental characteristic of the add-a-sleeve scenario?

Side note, I had wondered about the potential level of suppression. On the one hand it IS an integral.... but on the other hand, that baffle-stack is ... 'unsophisticated'.

Any other information you're willing to share? Pontificate at length?

Here is a link to Cabela's offering the rifle for sale although clearly marked as not yet in stock.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

TROOPER wrote:What do you suppose will be done differently? Are they going to turn this into a two-stamp gun via an SBR method? How is the ATF not going along with the permanently attached, does NOTHING to silencer the shot monocore baffle? What can be done differently while retaining the fundamental characteristic of the add-a-sleeve scenario?

Side note, I had wondered about the potential level of suppression. On the one hand it IS an integral.... but on the other hand, that baffle-stack is ... 'unsophisticated'.

Any other information you're willing to share? Pontificate at length?

Here is a link to Cabela's offering the rifle for sale although clearly marked as not yet in stock.
It is still a silencer part, regardless if it is permanently attached.

The add-a-sleeve scenario is a no-go. You can see this with several other manufacturers that have been denied the same product(along with my company being denied).

Just because its still offered on a retailers website doesn't mean its for sale or approved for sale. I found a retailer a few months ago still offering the Akins Accelerator with spring MG. Just out of stock.
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

Any updates on the Sig MPX?
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rancilio wrote:Any updates on the Sig MPX?
Nothing public.