Suppressor for Mossberg Patrol in 7.62x51

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

seabreeze133

Suppressor for Mossberg Patrol in 7.62x51

Post by seabreeze133 »

I have a new Mossberg 16" Bbl Patriot 7.62 x 51 that I really like and am interested in a suppressor but have some questions. Know nothing about suppressors.

What would be the affect of the blast and severe flash on the suppressor? More cleaning? Damage to the suppressor?

Thanls

seabreeze
What is most important in life: Honor, integrity, service, humility or...things.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressor for Mossberg Patrol in 7.62x51

Post by eastern_hunter »

Am using a Silencerco 7.62 Specwar can on a 12.5" 308 SBR. The rifle is a monster ... muzzle flash and concussion were simply astonishing without the suppressor. Earth shaking!

Muzzle flash has been essentially eliminated and the noise is down to almost if not hearing safe. Concussion is still there.

Have used the same can on a 16.5" bolt rifle and while it is much better behaved generally than the shorter AR, even the concussion is dramatically reduced.

The Specwar is a bit more efficient than the 7.62 Silencerco Saker which is shorter ... but not all that much.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I run my SiCo Omega on my 16.5" .308 Howa Bolt Gun. It's simply awesome, suppression, recoil reduction, and 0.75" accuracy. I run the SiCo Brake, and the QD Mount, with the Harvester Brake.

Without the can, that 16.5" 308 barks like a BEAST to the point where it is UN-FUN to stand or shoot off to the side of the gun unsuppressed.

Jeff
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

NO Problem for your Mossy - pick the 30 cal suppressor of your choice and enjoy the change to tamed blast and recoil.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill