Moderation of the "AR15 / M16 / M4" Section

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Moderation of the "AR15 / M16 / M4" Section

Post by rob_s »

Imagine my surprise when I logged in one day last month to discover that I suddenly had moderator powers in this forum, and that my name appeared next to the words "moderated by". I PM'd Robert to make sure that it wasn't a mistake, and sure enough he confirmed it, it was intentional! :shock:

So far my only "moderator" actions have been to "sticky" the comparison chart, to move a photo/comedy post to the photo forum, and to split a hijacked thread into three parts.

I intend to continue to moderate very little and hopefully you'll never notice I'm here. I imagine that I was made moderator more because I've learned a bit about the AR platform in the last few years and not for my ability to resolve conflicts or police my peers. :lol:

With that said, I do think that this section of the forum (well, all sections really, but this is the only one I have any control over) should be kept on-topic and technical in nature. "+1" posts with no other commentary, "banned from civilian use" and other types of nonsense that are prevalent on TOS should be kept to a minimum here. A little lite banter included in an otherwise topical post is not the issue. What is the issue is thread-hijacking attempts at witless humor alone, and those types of posts should be avoided or they may be deleted (see the "Cara's rifle" thread for an example of this).

I will try to always notify you if something you post is moved, deleted, or edited, and I will try to always leave a trail saying "edited by rob_s" or similar when I do something moderator-ly.

Obviously this is Robert's site, and he is proud of the "we pull fewer posts" mantra, so if he jerks my leash on this one I'll have to change my tune. I just prefer to see technical forums kept technical as it avoids all the drama.

Feel free to PM me with any comments or concerns about the above, or if there is information that you think should be stickied in this forum.

Thanks.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET