Post by f.2 »

Yup.

no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

I like mine!
Best deal out there.
[img][img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z6/n ... 070411.jpg[/img][/img]
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

I plan on ordering a CZ-452 this week, but not the American. I want a Lux. Very curious to see how that 28" barrel will handle.

And I just prefer iron sights...
bgrayd
Silent But Deadly

Well...

Post by bgrayd »

I have one, and it shoots great, but the bolt on it's REALLY stiff.

Anyone else have this experience?

Brett D.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

I got the 452, cut it down to 16" and threaded it 1/2-28.

I don't like to use an adaptor. I just wish someone would tell CZ that the American threads should be 1/2-28.
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

-k- wrote:I got the 452, cut it down to 16" and threaded it 1/2-28.

I don't like to use an adaptor. I just wish someone would tell CZ that the American threads should be 1/2-28.
I told 'em..........they said get an adapter. :?
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
boatbiologist
Elite Member

Post by boatbiologist »

I have the 452 American 16" with a TAC adapter and Pilot. Free floated barrel touches the right side of stock (many do) and the bore seems tighter on the cleaning rod than my other .22s, but other than that it is great little rifle. Factory trigger is ok but I still may get a Brooks kit for it.

Bolt is very slick in the action.

5 round plastic mag feels cheap and wiggles around but has fed all types of 22 ammo flawlessly.

Barrel twist is a slow 1 in 16" but have not seen key holeing with 40 gr. standard and HV ammo. I have not tried SSS but bet they wont stabilize thru it. I got some super/trans sonic noise from CCI standard velocity ammo and all the HV ammo goes super sonic so I have to shoot subs in winter to keep it quiet. Hope standard velocity ammo stays subsonic when it gets warmer.

It is a very well made rifle compared to others in its price range. I still need to find a scope and ring height combo that works better for me and I wish it had a bull barrel to match the dia. of the Pilot and US friendly threading but I am happy with what CZ made.
HotRod9mm
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HotRod9mm »

Got mine a couple months ago. I don't care for the adapter that is available so I'm thinking I might design my own.

8)
Firearms kill people??? Then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell FAT!

Rimfire Parts
http://www.DIProductsInc.com
gunnut284

Post by gunnut284 »

Does CZ offer an adapter? I've seen the TROS and Tactical Inovations adapters.

Also, would there be any problem with red loctiting the adapter in place to keep it solid?
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

I got some non-plastic / all metal 10 round CZ magazines from BRNOMAN on rimfirecentral - they perform fine. Great guy to deal with. Pm him, but he may or may not be in country as he takes buying trips often.
boatbiologist wrote:5 round plastic mag feels cheap and wiggles around but has fed all types of 22 ammo flawlessly.
HotRod9mm
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HotRod9mm »

gunnut284 wrote:Does CZ offer an adapter?.....
No
...would there be any problem with red loctiting the adapter in place to keep it solid?
Not at all

8)

Rimfire Parts
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Got it in and the TI adapter . . . very sweet
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Any sources for magazines for less than $25/ea.?
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Diomed wrote:Any sources for magazines for less than $25/ea.?
Yes.
I made a post about it awhile back.

viewtopic.php?t=15604&highlight=
Harry S. Truman
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Gracias!
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Shot it this afternoon. AAC Pilot and Remington Subsonic

It was amazingly quiet. Quiet enough in fact that when I pulled the trigger once, it sounded just slightly "louder" then rounds had been previously. I worked the bolt and it turned out the round hadn't fired. A second strike sent it off. :D
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Ordered a Brooks kit for mine. Installed it yesterday.
Also stoned the trigger and sear as they were just a little on the rough side.
Trigger is now 2.5lbs. time after time.

Relieved the barrel channel on the right side as it was touching a little.
Harry S. Truman
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Had mine out last week, very disappointed. The bolt is so stiff I have to whack on it with my palm (sometimes repeatedly) to get it to lock up. Worst bolt action I have ever handled.

Groups were high, left, and about 4" at fifty yards.

It's going back to CZ.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I have not done any accuracy testing yet.

I have read a couple of post on other forums about folks having sticky/stiff bolts. I bought mine in a group buy with four friends. All of ours were perfect.
HotRod9mm
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HotRod9mm »

Diomed wrote:.....The bolt is so stiff I have to whack on it with my palm (sometimes repeatedly) to get it to lock up......

WOW, this is sad to hear. This is a first for me as I have never heard of anyone having that tight of a chamber or that bad of a group but I guess it could happen to any company. Everything should work out with CZ, keeps us updated on the progress.

Mine closes a little stiff when using CCI subs but I expect that because of the size of the bullet.

Rimfire Parts
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Diomed wrote:Had mine out last week, very disappointed. The bolt is so stiff I have to whack on it with my palm (sometimes repeatedly) to get it to lock up. Worst bolt action I have ever handled.

Groups were high, left, and about 4" at fifty yards.

It's going back to CZ.
Sorry to hear you're having problems.
I know mine is very stiff to close on certain brands of ammo. Extracted rounds show rifling marks on these brands. You might see if it closes easier on another brand. CZ's have a short throat and a tight bore.
I know I was concerned when I looked at the factory target that came with the rifle. But when I shot it with Wolf MT, it produced a 5 shot horizontally strung group with all holes touching at 50 yds.
Been raining here so I haven't been out to the range to see if the barrel channel relieving cured the stringing.

Check and see if the barrel is touching the stock on the right side. This seems to be common and may be the cause of the poor groups.
Harry S. Truman
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Well, the dealer I got it from figured it was probably a short chamber. I dunno, I tried it with CCI Mini-Mags and Lapua subsonics. If a rifle can't handle quality ammo, I don't really want it. Besides, I got enough other stuff to do than dick around with a defective gun.

CZ can handle it, if not I'll ditch it.
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Well, relieving the stock where it touched stopped the horizontal stringing. Groups are basically round now unless I screw it up with a flyer.
Harry S. Truman
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I just ordered a CZ American with the set trigger. Beautiful wood .. nice trigger Got the CZ 1" rings and am having the barrel cut to 16.25" from the receiver. I don;t want any Local PD saying it's a SBR even though it's measured from the bolt face. Not all that much different with a .22 in length.

Nice craftsmanship. I also got a 10 round magazine for it. When my 308 Cyclone comes in I will pick this up too. No more ejection problems! I will return the 10/22 back to it's original form so that the Tac Interventions mags feed.

It's going to be a nice rifle.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!